2017 applications are now open.
Submission deadline is EXTENDED to October 2, 2017 (11:59 p.m. ET)
Download the practice application to help you prepare your 2017 entry. All entries need to be submitted via our secure online portal.
1. ATD expects that practices submitted for consideration are fully implemented, not planned practices or practices that are newly implemented. Pilot programs are NOT eligible to apply. A practice must be in place for at least two years (including pilot phase). Practices that have previously received an Excellence in Practice Award may apply again five years after their award was bestowed. Previous Citation winners may apply for Award consideration in the same category for which they won the Citation.
2. Eligibility: This awards program is for internal talent development practices and initiatives that organizations use to enhance and develop the knowledge, skills, and capabilities of their employees. Therefore, customer-focused practices or other training efforts that are for those outside the organization are not eligible. Training suppliers should partner with their clients if they are interested in applying. Applicants do not need to be ATD members to apply.
3. Each application has a $100 (US) entry fee. This is paid as the last step of the application process.
4. ALL applications should be in English and will be submitted to our secure online awards site. A practice can be submitted to only one category. There are no limits to the number of applications an organization can submit. You do not need to be an ATD member to apply.
5. All applications should be anonymous (no mention of company name). Only indicate the company name where asked when you set up your profile. More information about this rule is found on the awards portal.
6. Get started on your application.
7. Questions? Email Kristen Fyfe-Mills.