As an employer you know the importance of ensuring employees continue learning and keep their skills up to date. Professional certifications, such as the Certified Professional in Learning and Performance (CPLP), validate knowledge and skills, and require demonstration of experience and expertise.
The CPLP is a mark of distinction offered by the ATD Certification Institute. It is broad in scope and addresses a talent development professional’s knowledge in 10 areas of expertise, as defined by The ATD Competency Model plus the Global Mindset Foundational Competency.
- five years of full-time experience in talent development
- a passing score on two rigorous exams
- recertification every three years.
Top 5 Reasons Why Employers Support Certification:
- Increased competitive advantage
- Increased employee performance and customer satisfaction
- Better employment and hiring decisions
- Provides growth opportunities for employees
- Demonstrates employer commitment to competence
A recent Robert Half staffing firm poll stated, "A majority of CFOs interviewed (72 percent) said their company covers some or all of the cost for staff to obtain professional certifications, and 76 percent said their organization helps in maintaining credentials once earned. "
Here is some recent data from an ATD Certification Institute study on the value of CPLP:
Knowledge and Performance
- More than 80% of CPLP holders report that their employers recognize the increased expertise they have as a result of obtaining the credential.
- Nearly 75% of CPLP holders and employers surveyed agree that “supervisors in the company have noticed that CPLP employees produce greater results in less time.”
Advancement and Jobs
- More than 85% of CPLP holders report that it has given them an advantage.
- More than 80% of CPLP holders report that it has advanced their careers.
- More than 70% of the companies looking to fill positions on the ATD Job Bank prefer CPLP applicants.
- 100% of employers interviewed state that future recruiting practices for open positions will prefer CPLP holders.
- 100% of CPLP holders believe they are more capable and confident in their jobs.
Return on Investment
- There was an 11% percent improvement in proficiency regarding talent development competencies.
- CPLP holders report a 62% ROI*.
*For every $1 invested, there is a $1.62 in return, compared with a $1.25-$1.50 return for typical talent development programs.
Employers Who Support CPLP:
The ATD Certification Institute CPLP Fellow Award recognizes thought leaders for their support of the CPLP credential and the learning and talent development profession. Read more about recent award recipients:
Download the CPLP Employer Brochure for more information about supporting the pursuit of CPLP certification.