In this highly interactive workshop, learn the three primary principles that underlie Human Performance Improvement (HPI). Understand how contributors from such disciplines as behaviorism, management sciences, organization development, and systems theory have created a systematic approach to solving organizational problems. See how the HPI model unites these principles under a common process, and jumpstart your move to a performance improvement mindset today.
The HPI process helps your clients take a holistic approach to improving performance. Using the HPI model, you will be able to work with them to articulate their business goals, link these goals to human performance, diagnose the current state of performance in the organization, identify root causes for performance deficiencies, and consider the best solutions. During the program, experience what it feels like to do performance consulting, see what it takes to manage the change that accompanies solutions, and determine whether you have the core skills it takes to be a performance consultant.
This program aligns with the Performance Improvement Area of Expertise in the ATD Competency Model.
Why You Should Attend
- Grasp and apply the three primary principles of HPI to move from a training mindset to a performance improvement mindset.
- Adapt the HPI model to maximize your effectiveness in your workplace.
- Delve into readings, exercises, and group activities to apply your new knowledge to real work situations.
- Become move valuable to your current organization and more marketable to employers.
What to Expect
- Pre-Work: Get the most out of your program. Review the assigned prereading and come prepared to discuss a real-world example.
- Supplemental Resources: This program includes tools and templates to help you apply what you learned on the job.
- Technical Requirements: The online version of this program is conducted in the WebEx Training Center. Special software is not required. You only need a standard web browser and telephone or VoIP capability to participate. There are no technical requirements for the face-to-face program.
- Online Courses Only: During the online program, you will collaborate in “real time” with your facilitator and classmates via interactive group discussions, polls, chats, and whiteboards. In addition, you will have access to an online learning portal with discussion boards and program materials.
Find Out More:
Find out why facilitator Ethan Sanders values the Introducing Human Performance Improvement program.