Cultural intelligence (CQ) is a construct that allows people in cross-cultural interactions to think, feel, and behave in a way that can improve the results of their interactions. Learning leaders should become culturally intelligent when they are planning, designing, conducting, and managing learning initiatives for their overseas workforce. They also require being culturally intelligent when supporting the performance of members of multicultural and diverse teams.
In order to develop cultural intelligence in international business people, training and development initiatives need to be grounded in experience related to context, adapting real cases from the learners and using their expectations, needs, and desires to make a more effective learning experience.
This program is designed based on theory-in-practice and the designer´s experience in real business, coaching, and training interactions with business people, executives, and educators from more than 70 countries in Asia, Africa, Europe, and the Americas. It shows how to go beyond understanding diversity and dive deeper into cross cultural issues as we have an obligation to our clients to develop them as global citizens.
In order to increase the possibilities of financial, commercial, operational, and human success in cross-border and cross-cultural interactions, processes of cultural due diligence must be exercised. This program shares practical tools that will allow participants to achieve the best results in their international and multicultural activities.
This program will help you:
What to Expect
- Set a baseline of your current Cultural Intelligence level.
- Learn the different models of cross-cultural leadership, management, and learning.
- Gain tools, ideas, and techniques to better design, deliver, and manage multicultural and global learning programs.
- Improve your knowledge, attitude, and skills for facilitating learning experiences in multicultural settings.
- Apply experiential vivid exercises that simulate real cases of multicultural training and development situations, obtaining feedback from multiple sources: the facilitator, your team, and yourself.
- Gain resources to develop a plan for continued improvement of your Cultural Intelligence as a learning leader.
- Technical Requirements: This program is conducted in the WebEx Training Center. Special software is not required. You only need a standard web browser and telephone or VoIP capability to participate. In addition, it is strongly recommended to use a desktop or laptop computer as using a tablet or phone severely limits your ability to fully and actively participate in the program.