Performance support is about providing your learners with the right information and tools at the right time—the moment they are applying their knowledge in the workplace. Whether it’s blending your learning programs to extend beyond the formal classroom; embedding mobile and performance support; or providing coaching, mentoring, and collaborative learning opportunities to maximize knowledge transfer, a variety of options exist to harness the power of informal learning. These approaches do not have to be costly or complicated. Discover how to implement various performance support tools, strategies, and frameworks to support your training and foster greater performer competence.
Developed in collaboration with internationally recognized experts Con Gottfredson and Bob Mosher of Apply Synergies, this blended and project-based program provides the skills needed to develop innovative and comprehensive performance support initiatives, instead of one-off training events. The concepts taught in the program are modeled through a mix of on-demand, in-person, and live online components, plus independent project work that leverages an embedded performance support solution (EPSS). You will also develop a powerful peer network and have access to collaboration resources to strengthen your learning.
Why Should You Attend:
- Shift your mindset to focus on the moment learning needs to be applied.
- Discover secrets for optimizing sustainable learning with performance support.
- Update your learning strategy to incorporate informal learning and performance support.
- Maximize your learning resources to promote retention and transfer.
What to Expect:
- Schedule: You will complete a self-paced pre-work component online before the course. You will then meet at the two-day, face-to-face program, which runs from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. each day. Finally, you will participate in a three-hour instructor-led live online session approximately three to four weeks later. Participation in all three components is required to receive your certificate.
- Books: Receive a copy of Innovative Performance Support: Strategies and Practices for Learning in the Workflow by Con Gottfredson and Bob Mosher.
- Pre-Work: Complete the self-paced online pre-work component, prepare a project of your own that you’ll work on during the course, and introduce yourself in the online classroom.
- Homework/Intersession Work: Create performance support tools for your project and be prepared to share them during the online follow-up session.
- Technical Requirements: The live online portion of this program is conducted in the WebEx Training Center platform. Special software is not required. You only need a standard web browser and telephone or VoIP capability to participate. Please bring a laptop computer (or other Wi-Fi capable device) to the face-to-face program. There will be no computers available on-site for participants. In addition, it is strongly recommended to use a desktop or laptop computer as using a tablet or phone severely limits your ability to fully and actively participate in the program.
Find out why facilitator Bob Mosher values the Performance Support Certificate Program.