Organizations increasingly demand that talent development (TD) departments deliver results, not just solutions. This requires that TD departments adopt a strategic performance consulting approach to their work. However, without the proper department design and structure, it is difficult, or even impossible, for practitioners to perform a strategic partner role.
The ATD LearnNow: Moving From Learning to Performance workshop will show you how to organize your training department so it can successfully deliver business and performance impact. It will provide practical ways to convert your department from order-takers to impact-makers.
By attending, you will be able to:
- Explain the mental model that is integral to a performance consulting approach to work.
- Form the mission and end-state goals for the performance department (begin with the end in mind).
- Design the work process that supports a performance approach.
- Construct the organizational structure of the department to support a performance approach.
- Align performers and positions within the department to support a performance approach.
- Determine next steps to take to transition from the current state to the desired state of operation.
Don’t let the structure of your training department hinder your efforts to provide more value to your organization. Ensure that your infrastructure fully leverages your team’s performance consulting capabilities for maximum impact.