Make an Emotional Connection and Enhance Knowledge Retention
April 13-14 | Tempe, AZ
Struggling to hold learners’ attention? Captivating an audience and delivering content in a compelling way may be a natural talent for some, but everyone can develop the skill.
Stories visually and emotionally stimulate and appeal to people of all learning styles and enhance knowledge retention.
In the LearnNow: Storytelling workshop, Doug Stevenson will teach you his Story Theater Method of combining storytelling form and structure, acting skills, and message branding to create the perfect formula for training delivery success.
You’ll learn nine elements of story structure and how to turn everyday moments into powerful stories. The result is training that is more entertaining, effective, and experiential.
- Identify and craft stories that engage, persuade, and train.
- Enhance your ability to make an emotional connection with storytelling.
- Take your stories to the next level with storytelling form and structure.
- Brand the point of your story to make your lessons memorable and actionable.
After this session, attendees will be able to:
- Easily identify story opportunities from everyday events.
- Quickly determine the point of each story and where and when to use it (or not).
- Feel confident that they can engage and persuade with storytelling.
- Use subtle acting and comedy skills to make an emotional connection.
- Make learning fun with strategic storytelling.
Don’t continue ineffective content delivery. Wake up your learners with the secret sauce—storytelling!
Listen to this podcast with Doug Stevenson for taste of what you'll learn at this workshop!
Check out #ATDLearnNow and share your LearnNow experience!