This installation of ASTD’s Best On series collects our best content related to the area of informal learning. Informal learning reflects the way people naturally learn from one another and use knowledge and tools at their disposal to find answers for themselves. Informal learning has always been a part of workplace learning and development. And the more we understand informal learning as a community, the more it will become a meaningful component of learning strategy, regardless of industry, geography, or company size.
This collection includes key book chapters, articles, and Infoline editions on how to design, measure, and support informal learning. And as always, you can read the Best On series in the way that best suits your learning needs—read it from front to back, or start wherever you like.
If you’re searching for a specific title or expert, this collection contains the following:
- Designing Learning for a 21st Century Workforce
- Designing for Informal Learning
- Informal Learning Basics
- Telling Ain’t Training, 2nd Edition
- ASTD Handbook for Workplace Learning Professionals
- Informal Learning Transfer
- Measuring the Effectiveness of Informal Learning Methodologies
- Social Learning for Learning Professionals
- The New Social Learning
- The Yin and Yang of Formal and Informal Learning