How do you train people in a specialized, complex subject area that you don't fully understand yourself?
If you're an experienced trainer, training manager, content designer, curriculum developer, or anyone else who creates courses, Technical Training Basics can help you tackle this challenge head-on.
With this book as your guide, you can understand and navigate the process of creating effective technical training programs in partnership with a subject matter expert.
You'll learn about:
- differences between technical and non-technical training
- characteristics of an effective developer and subject matter expert, and how to work together as an effective team
- how to gather information and arrange content for a highly technical course
- ways to apply specific tools, equipment and processes in your training
- the process of managing your project from designing and developing a pilot course through post-course review.
Technical Training Basics provides a complete, ready-to-use tool kit to support your technical training needs, including outlines, worksheets, exercises, checklists, a sample PowerPoint presentation, and evaluation forms. You'll have a wealth of ideas, tips, and strategies to assist you in organizing technical content, avoiding the pitfalls of dealing with a topic outside your own area of expertise, and becoming a successful trainer in any technical subject.