Has your mind ever wandered during a meeting? Would you like to reduce stress and improve focus among your employees? Mindfulness training can help. Companies such as Google, General Mills, and the Huffington Post have implemented mindfulness programs and have experienced significant positive results. “Bringing Mindfulness to Your Workplace” by Jenny Wang and Juliet Adams discusses some of the benefits of mindfulness and offers four steps to launching a mindfulness training program for your employees.
In this issue of TD at Work, you will find:
- a definition of mindfulness and how it differs from mindlessness
- examples of mindfulness activities appropriate for the workplace
- descriptions of well-established mindfulness teaching approaches
- research findings related to mindfulness
- a task list for developing your own pilot program
- questions to ask potential training providers.