Communication skills are important for everyone, but especially for managers. In this issue of TD at Work, Ken O’Quinn walks managers through a process for crafting clear, effective prose. He provides guidance for organizing your thinking, creating your first draft, and fine-tuning your words to make them as clear as possible.
"Business Writing for Managers" has specific tips to help you eliminate stuffy language that keeps readers at a distance and, instead, write lively prose that draws them in. His advice can help you with all kinds of messages, from short emails to lengthy proposals.
This issue includes:
- before and after writing samples
- a process for effective editing
- suggestions for formatting
- advice for sharing difficult information
- tips for distinguishing yourself as a communicator.