Training’s bottom line is all about results. And facilitators are an organization’s first line for driving improved performance by making sure training is understandable, memorable, and always tied to the job.
This second volume of ASTD's Best On Delivering Training collection is custom designed for the learning facilitator. Like the first volume (2011), this collection is filled with techniques for being at your best at the front of the classroom, and it's written by the experts. You’ll find pages of insight for building master trainer skills and behaviors, delivering across cultural boundaries, using adult learning principles during delivery, facilitating activities, avoiding learner overload, and stretching your creativity with storytelling and other techniques. As with all the Best On collections, you can read it from front to back or start wherever you like!
This Best On collection includes chapters and passages from the following books and issues of TD at Work (formerly Infoline):
- ASTD Handbook for Workplace Learning Professionals
- Telling Ain’t Training: Updated, Expanded, and Enhanced
- Facilitation Basics
- 10 Steps to Successful Facilitation
- 10 Steps to Successful Virtual Presentations
- Evidence-Based Training Methods
- Infoline, “Training for Multiple Cultures”
- Infoline, “Powerful Storytelling Techniques”
- Infoline, “Creative Facilitation Techniques for Training”