Over the course of a decade, positive psychology authority Dr. Beth Cabrera has surveyed and interviewed more than a thousand women to gather insight into how to effectively balance career and family responsibilities. Beyond Happy: Women, Work, and Well-Being gathers essential findings and offers women proven strategies for living more authentic, meaningful lives.
Through the lens of shared experience, Cabrera thoughtfully examines the challenges women face and presents a simple yet powerful model for enhancing well-being that can both improve and transform lives. Helpful self-assessments guide you toward feeling good and doing good, and each chapter delivers tried-and-true tactics that real women have used to manage the difficulties of fulfilling their multiple, often conflicting, roles.
Discover pathways to reducing stress, experiencing greater joy, and finding more meaning in your life by employing Cabrera’s solid strategies for thriving based on personal values, developed strengths, and what matters most–enduring family ties and relationships.
QUIZ: Are you Thriving? Take the Quiz!
Interviews, Articles, and Reviews
- Official ATD press release
- New America podcast with Brigid Schulte
- Boston NPR's Here & Now program
- Washington Business Journal's BIZBEAT segment
- Dialogue Review's "It takes a nation of millions to hold us back"
- Beyond Happy on Goodreads
- Interview with Scott Elbin , author of Overworked & Overwhelmed:
Hear from Beyond Happy author Beth Cabrera: