Improvisation (improv) is the act of creating or performing spontaneously, without preparation. Actors regularly use improv training to strengthen their communication, collaboration, agility, and creativity. And with those benefits, it’s no surprise that L&D professionals have taken an interest in adding improv training into their facilitation toolkit.
In this highly interactive and fun program, you will experience improv exercises, from basic games that fortify specific skills to complex scenes that require co-creation of a shared vision. You’ll learn how to align improv exercises to support your existing programs, explain the exercises and objectives to your participants, and give feedback on their performance. Then, to keep it relevant to your workplace, we will examine how your inquiry strategy can help translate the lessons learned on the improv stage to your organization. You’ll also learn how to create a safe environment for your learners.
This program is appropriate for L&D professionals at all levels and does not require theatrical training.
- Discover why the basic improv principle of “yes, and” makes for a stronger workplace.
- Participate in improv exercises that facilitators can use to strengthen specific skills and promote self-awareness.
- Practice designing improv exercises that support your organization’s learning objectives.
- Learn how to give feedback on improv performance and how to develop an inquiry strategy that translates improv skills to your workplace.
- Uncover resources to help you select and customize exercises.
Who Should Attend?
- Instructional Designers
- Training Managers
- Learning Strategists
What do attendees have to say?
“The “Improv in Facilitation” workshop took us through some exercises to practice not second-guessing ourselves and allow for better brainstorming and idea sharing. We also practiced some storytelling exercises that allowed each person to contribute to the make believe tale—in the end creating a story that was better than any ONE person could have made.” — Melissa Nunez, KJCG Consultant
“Best training ever! It fit everything I needed and I would definitely apply this to my work. Viet is amazing and I was entertained and engaged the whole time.” —Previous attendee
“We are going to apply this for our largest program!” —Previous attendee
“Great balance of background info, practice exercises and feedback. Wish it was longer. Great class!” —Previous attendee