Basics of Human Performance Improvement
Take a performance-based approach to improve outcomes in your organization.
This on-demand e-learning course is available online immediately after purchase. Within the course you will have the opportunity to view video and animations, interact with content, and reflect on your learning. You will have access to the course(s) for 12 months from your registration date.
This self-paced course introduces the human performance improvement (HPI) model and its use in identifying root causes of performance issues. Each topic focuses on a different aspect of HPI, including a tour of the model and a briefing in the history and development of HPI. Choose the topics you need and come away with an understanding of the HPI practice and how it differs from traditional training approaches, as well as the ability to make recommendations on solutions that address issues with... Read More
This self-paced course introduces the human performance improvement (HPI) model and its use in identifying root causes of performance issues. Each topic focuses on a different aspect of HPI, including a tour of the model and a briefing in the history and development of HPI. Choose the topics you need and come away with an understanding of the HPI practice and how it differs from traditional training approaches, as well as the ability to make recommendations on solutions that address issues with the goal of continually improving performance.
WHY SHOULD I ATTEND?
- Learn the basics of HPI through focused topics, allowing you to better analyze business needs and gaps.
- Hear from expert practitioners in the performance improvement field, gain a clear understanding of your organization’s strategic priorities, and learn how to use this information to guide decisions.
- Review a case study to better understand the application of the HPI process.
- Explain the difference between performance consulting, or HPI, and effective training.
- Identify current misconceptions about a performance-based approach.
- Identify the principles that define a performance-based approach.
- Define key terms for performance improvement.
- Identify the phases and their significance within the HPI model.
- Identify outcomes and their importance to the HPI process.
- Explain why an understanding of HPI is critical, regardless of your role.
- Identify appropriate applications of the HPI model to given scenarios.
- Distinguish between performance-based approaches and non-performance based approaches, from the beginning to the end of a project.
Traditional training is only about 5 to 10 percent effective in obtaining meaningful performance results. Another approach is needed. The human performance improvement (HPI) process provides you with...
We’re hearing a lot these days about how the talent development community can use what experts know about brain science (or neuroscience) to improve adult learning. In fact, we often hear training...
When a drop in performance occurs, it can be difficult to know how to address it. If, for instance, a team didn’t meet its goals for the year, what could the problem be? Is it because the team doesn...
Talent development professionals who are interested in transitioning to a performance consulting role. This course provides valuable foundational information necessary to success in the ATD Master Performance Consultant program.
ATD Education programs are designed primarily for learning professionals—trainers, instructional designers, and organizational development practitioners—but also greatly benefit anyone within an organization who is responsible for developing others, from managers to human resources specialists.
"ATD is an organization dedicated to talent development - with their research and expertise, I trust that their programs can give me what I am looking for to implement within my organization."
"ATD is a leader in the industry and their credential and certificate programs are a valuable asset to have on your resume."
"ATD has a strong reputation in the training and development community. Having an ATD endorsement is a globally recognized "feather-in-your-cap."
Things To Know
Full completion of the program within the one-year access period is mandatory in order to receive CEUs. Participants who complete all aspects of the program will see their completion status reflected on their transcript in the ATD Learning Portal.
If applicable, a certificate will be issued to you through the ATD Learning Portal at the end of the program.
0.1 CEUs awarded
ATD LEARNING PORTAL
Enrolled in a program? Sign in to the ATD Learning Portal with your ATD account credentials to get started.
Click here to view our cancellation policy.