E-learning Instructional Design Certificate
Develop meaningful, memorable, and motivational e-learning programs.
Learn to develop individualized, asynchronous e-learning courses using the design elements of effective e-learning. Investigate instructional interactivity that supports learning, practice applying these discoveries in designs, and learn to incorporate what works into your own projects.
Gain the skills to develop effective instructional design for asynchronous e-learning. Based on examples from organizations that have implemented successful online learning, the course will share how successful instructional design for e-learning motivates learners to alter their behavior. You’ll learn to overcome instructional design challenges in any industry, and apply effective e-learning design principles to individualized courses, tutorials, games, simulations, and other e-learning... Read More
Gain the skills to develop effective instructional design for asynchronous e-learning. Based on examples from organizations that have implemented successful online learning, the course will share how successful instructional design for e-learning motivates learners to alter their behavior. You’ll learn to overcome instructional design challenges in any industry, and apply effective e-learning design principles to individualized courses, tutorials, games, simulations, and other e-learning modules.
WHY SHOULD I ATTEND?
- Gain practice-based insights into designing effective e-learning courses.
- Use instructional technology to make learning meaningful, memorable, and motivational.
- Ensure your e-learning programs contribute to behavioral-based outcomes for your learner, as well as quantifiable business impact.
- Apply the components of effective e-learning instructional design and learner motivation.
- Describe how interactivity affects learning.
- Examine how e-learning tools and trends can disguise the true learning challenge.
- Orient e-learning towards behavioral-based outcomes instead of online information.
- Use e-learning success prerequisites to improve programs.
- Apply the principles of effective e-learning navigation.
- Evaluate e-learning programs and make recommendations for improvements.
If you’re like me, you have probably asked yourself, “How did I end up here?” Most of us never imagined e-learning as a career. I knew I wanted a career where I got to use my creativity and artistic...
For more than 20 years, ATD education has been empowering talent development professionals with the knowledge and skills they need to be successful and remain competitive by offering best-in-class...
Lots of ATD members and other talent development professionals have. Read on . . . Confused about how to begin developing an e-learning course? Heard the buzz around microlearning, but not really...
- Practitioners new to asynchronous e-learning design and development, but not inexperienced in training and performance, and those who want to brush up on the newest techniques.
- Instructional designers, curriculum builders, learning managers, and courseware producers.
“The virtual classroom gave me the opportunity to network with training professionals from all over the United States and the world! The quality of the content, along with the blend of theory, best practices, and real-life scenarios made for an outstanding learning experience."
“It really shakes the traditional way of approaching training, and by thinking about the feedback as learning occurs, everything becomes more engaging.”
“The E-Learning Certificate was an awesome course as my role as an L&D manager is evolving with technology. I was exposed to different techniques and applications that I am able to implement at my work immediately.”
Things to Know
Participation in all originally scheduled days of the program is mandatory in order to receive the certificate of completion and CEUs. Participants who miss more than two hours of the entire program will not be eligible to receive the certificate. Participants who fulfill the attendance requirement will receive a certificate at the end of the program.
Participation in all online sessions at their currently scheduled day and time is mandatory to receive a completion certificate and any applicable credits.
ATD requires active participation through the program to receive credit for the class. Active participation includes, but is not limited to, participating in virtual classroom activities, discussions, breakout sessions, and intersession work. Please note that using a tablet or mobile device severely limits your ability to fully and actively participate.
For programs with five or more sessions, one missed live session can be made up by listening to the session recording in full. Participants who miss more than one live session will not be eligible to receive the certificate. For programs with four or fewer sessions, attendance at all live sessions is required to receive a certificate. If you meet the eligibility requirements, a certificate will be issued to you through the ATD Learning Portal at the end of the program. All sessions will be recorded and available for participants to review throughout the program for your reference.
1.4 CEUs awarded
Up to 14.0 APTD Recertification Points
Up to 14.0 CPLP Recertification Points
This program has been approved for 14.0 (General) recertification credit hours toward PHR, SPHR, and GPHR recertification through the HR Certification Institute.
ATD LEARNING PORTAL
Enrolled in a program? Sign in to the ATD Learning Portal with your ATD account credentials two weeks before the first day of class to:
- Engage with your facilitator and peers.
- Access pre-work assignments.
- View any technical requirements.
- Review logistical information.
Click here to view our cancellation policy.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Have additional questions about ATD courses? Visit our FAQs for answers.