Essentials of Storyboarding for E-Learning
What is a storyboard and why is it a necessary and useful tool for e-learning projects? Whether you are working solo or as part of a team, a storyboard is critical because it provides a map of your design and includes essential information for successful development. A good storyboard is not only a helpful guide for the development process, but also a record of the final project for post-production management. Learn storyboarding strategies to be more efficient and aide in the e-learning development process.
You need a plan every time you create something. If you’re building a house, you need blueprints. If you’re making a meal, you need a recipe. E-learning planning is no different, and that’s where the storyboard comes in. The storyboard is the planning document that maps out your instructional design in preparation for the development phase of the e-learning project. Discover how implementing a storyboard process can increase workflow efficiency and manage stakeholder expectations.
Learn the essential best practices and methods for storyboarding your e-learning designs, including using various templates, visual storyboards, style guides, and tips for setting up a storyboard specific for an authoring tool. Focus on the fundamentals of storyboarding as an art rather than a rule, and acquire the processes you can implement to be more efficient and quicken the e-learning development time.
- Apply new tips and techniques to your existing storyboarding process.
- Assess the benefits of storyboarding and why stakeholders will value the efforts.
- Discuss and defend the value of an effective documentation process for e-learning projects.
- Interactive Format: During this online workshop, you will collaborate in real time with your facilitator and classmates through interactive group discussions, polls, chats, and whiteboards design sessions.
- Supplemental Resources: This workshop includes electronic tools and templates to help you apply what you learned.
- Technical Requirements: This program is conducted in the WebEx Training Center. Special software is not required. You only need a standard web browser and telephone or VoIP capability to participate. In addition, it is strongly recommended to use a desktop or laptop computer as using a tablet or phone severely limits your ability to fully and actively participate in the program. ATD requires active participation in our online program to receive credit for the program. Active participation includes, but is not limited to, participating in virtual classroom activities, discussions, breakout sessions, and intersession work.
This course is for professionals who want to improve their e-learning development projects. Whether you are an instructional designer or an e-learning developer, documenting the process of your designs will ensure efficiency and accountability of your projects.
ATD Education programs are designed primarily for learning professionals—trainers, instructional designers, and organizational development practitioners—but also greatly benefit anyone within an organization who is responsible for developing others, from managers to human resource specialists.
After this program, you will be able to:
- Explain the progression of the storyboard.
- Describe the various types and templates of storyboards.
- Define what goes into a storyboard.
- Create a visual storyboard.
- Produce a storyboard style guide.
- Assemble a storyboard workbook.
- Online: 3 sessions, 4.5 hours total
- On-Site: Flexible dates & duration
Earn .45 Continuing Education Units (CEUs) upon successfully completing this program. This program may be eligible for up to 4.5 CPLP recertification points. This program may be eligible for up to 4.5 APTD recertification points.
Participation in all online sessions at their originally scheduled day and time is mandatory to receive completion for the program and .45 CEUs. Participants who fulfill this attendance requirement will see their completion status reflected on their transcript in the ATD Learning Portal and will receive an email verifying their completion of the program.
All sessions will be recorded and available in the Learning Portal for participants to review throughout the program. However, viewing a recording will not count towards your completion.
Have a group to train? Bring this Course On-site!
Give your team the unique team building experience tailored to your organization's needs. Contact us today to learn more.