Essentials of Authoring with HTML 5
Maximize your authoring ability with HTML5. Almost all digital content and digital learning uses HTML5 under the hood. Proper use and understanding of HTML5 allows you to create a scaffolding for content that allows for effective display across a variety of environments and screen sizes. As HTML5 increasingly becomes the standard for display, you will future-proof your career by learning this important markup language.
In this dynamic program, you’ll learn the fundamentals of HTML5 for web authoring, mobile development, and learning management system inclusion. HTML5 is part of contemporary digital literacy, and you’ll start with basics like document structure and displaying and styling text. Then, you’ll move on to more complex authoring as you work with links, multimedia, and page layout.
Upon completion of this program, you’ll be able to understand, edit, and author HTML5 content. This is a program in which you’ll learn by doing. You’ll create multiple scripts as you code along with the instructor and during lab exercises designed specifically to help you retain the course content. At the end of the program, you’ll thoroughly understand not only HTML5, but also the digital authoring process for many different types of electronic documents.
- Learn the components, syntax, and structure of the HTML5 markup language, which will allow you to engage with electronic documents at the code level.
- Utilize the basics of digital design to create documents that are durable across different delivery channels and screen sizes.
- Apply your new knowledge to any type of electronic document, including web-based documents, mobile applications, and learning modules.
- Interactive Format: During this online workshop, you will collaborate in real time with your facilitator and classmates through interactive group discussions, polls, chats, and whiteboards design sessions.
- Supplemental Resources: This workshop includes electronic tools and templates to help you apply what you learned.
- Technical Requirements: This program is conducted in the WebEx Training Center. Special software is not required. You only need a standard web browser and telephone or VoIP capability to participate. In addition, it is strongly recommended to use a desktop or laptop computer as using a tablet or mobile device severely limits your ability to fully and actively participate in the program. Active participation is a completion requirement of ATD and includes, but is not limited to, participating in virtual classroom activities, discussions, breakout sessions, and intersession work.
This program is for anyone who works with digital documents or electronic media. Whether you’re editing pages on a website or creating full learning productions destined for the desktop or mobile screens, you’ll benefit from understanding HTML5. HTML5 is rapidly becoming the standard for delivery of all electronic media; when you understand it, you’ll be able to exploit the full power of new media.
ATD Education programs are designed primarily for learning professionals – trainers, instructional designers, and organizational development practitioners – but also greatly benefit anyone within an organization who is responsible for developing others, from managers to human resources specialists.
After this program, you will be able to:
- Interpret HTML5 syntax so you can edit HTML5 documents.
- Create HTML5 documents from scratch with proper structure and element hierarchy.
- Apply and use HTML5 elements to create a document skeleton, as well as use cascading style sheet code to style and lay out your documents.
- Include multimedia such as images, audio, and video in your HTML 5 documents.
- Use cascading style sheet code to lay out documents in the browser window or within mobile browsers and applications.
- Adjust code for different-sized screens and optimization.
- Online: 3 sessions, 4.5 hours total
- On-Site: Flexible dates & duration
Earn .45 Continuing Education Units (CEUs) upon successfully completing this program. This program may be eligible for up to 4.5 CPLP recertification points. This program may be eligible for up to 4.5 APTD recertification points.
Participation in all online sessions at their currently scheduled day and time is mandatory to receive completion for the program and any applicable credits. Please note that viewing a recording will not fulfill the attendance requirement. Participants who fulfill all program requirements will see their completion status reflected on their transcript in the ATD Learning Portal and will receive an email verifying their completion of the program.
ATD requires active participation through the program to receive credit for the class. Active participation includes, but is not limited to, participating in virtual classroom activities, discussions, breakout sessions, and intersession work. Please note that using a tablet or mobile device severely limits your ability to fully and actively participate.
All sessions will be recorded and available in the Learning Portal for participants to review throughout the program for your review.
Click here to view our cancellation policy.
Have a group to train? Bring this Course On-site!
Give your team the unique team building experience tailored to your organization's needs. Contact us today to learn more.