If you could understand what was happening in the brains of your target audience, would you be a more effective trainer, designer, consultant, or leader? Thanks to recent advances in neuroscience, learning and talent development professionals now have an opportunity to alter their approaches to change management, leadership development, training, and instructional design. Learn how the brain receives, encodes, and retrieves information to construct knowledge, and use these insights to improve your learning programs.
Since the first caveman taught a friend how to build a fire, humans have searched for ways to improve performance in others. Only recently, however, have we been able to see the way the brain receives, encodes, and stores information for future retrieval. The insights gained from neuroimaging have changed the way we think about human behavior and disproved many of our previous assumptions about human performance. When you understand how the brain works, you will find it easier to develop highly effective training that yields business results. Get a solid overview of the practical applications of neuroscience to the talent development profession, identify how you can apply brain-based design and delivery best practices to your learning programs, and receive valuable tools to use on-the-job.
- Develop an understanding of brain-based design and delivery best practices that can be immediately applied to your own programs.
- Gain confidence in applying neuroscience to develop more compelling, engaging, and memorable learning experiences.
- Leverage the course’s resources, templates, and tools to develop more effective programs.
Interactive Format: During this online workshop, you will collaborate in real time with your facilitator and classmates through interactive group discussions, polls, chats, and whiteboard design sessions.
Supplemental Resources: The course resource will help you:
-Evaluate the current level of knowledge about neuroscience in your organization.
-Create a blueprint for each existing or new project to ensure a greater degree of brain-aware design.
-Present a compelling business case in support of brain-aware design.
-Learn more about neuroscience using the resources list provided as a handout.
Technical Requirements: Each session of the workshop is conducted in the WebEx Training Center platform with a toll-free teleconference or Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) option for the audio component. Special software is not required. You only need a standard web browser and telephone or VoIP capability to participate. In addition, it is strongly recommended to use a desktop or laptop computer as using a tablet or phone severely limits your ability to fully and actively participate in the program.
This program is ideal for learning professionals who want to leverage the power of neuroscience to make their training more compelling, memorable, and effective
ATD Education programs are designed primarily for learning professionals – trainers, instructional designers, and organizational development practitioners – but also greatly benefit anyone within an organization who is responsible for developing others, from managers to human resources specialists.
After this program, you will be able to:
- Discuss the latest developments in neuroscience that relate to the learning and talent development field.
- Describe the key terms and concepts of brain-based learning.
- Use the How Much Do You Know? quiz provided with the course to check the knowledge of you and your team in the field of neuroscience.
- Use the Program Evaluation template to evaluate the degree of brain-aware design in your existing and future courses.
- Use the Brain Aware Training Blueprint template to select effective brain-aware learning activities.
- Expand your knowledge by accessing the online resources provided on the Resources handout.
Online: 3 sessions, 4.5 hours total
On-Site: Flexible dates & duration
Earn .45 Continuing Education Units (CEUs) upon successfully completing this program. This program may be eligible for up to 4.5 CPLP recertification points.
Participation in all online sessions at their originally scheduled day and time is mandatory to receive completion for the program and .45 CEUs. Participants who fulfill this attendance requirement will see their completion status reflected on their transcript in the ATD Learning Portal and will receive an email verifying their completion of the program. If you must miss a session, all sessions will be recorded and available in the Learning Portal for participants to review throughout the program.