Essentials of Camtasia Studio 8: An Introduction
This one-day live, online workshop provides a high-level introduction to Camtasia Studio, a software package that allows you to quickly and easily create high-quality training and sales videos for mobile devices and the Web. With Camtasia Studio, you can record your computer screen and create professional-looking videos that clearly demonstrate a process, a product, or an idea.
*While most of the other Essentials Series workshops take place over three 90-minute online sessions, this workshop is delivered online in one day from 10 a.m. – 5 p.m. U.S. ET.
To participate in this ATD online workshop, you will need the following software and hardware:
- Camtasia Studio (a trial version may be used)
- Microsoft Windows XP or Windows Vista
- Microsoft DirectX 9 or later version
- 1.0 gHz minimum — Recommended: 2.0 GHz Core Duo or equivalent processor
- 500 MB RAM minimum — Recommended: 2.0 GBPPP115 MB of hard-disk space for program installation
- Camtasia Studio Add-in for PowerPoint requires PowerPoint 2000, 2002, 2003, or 2007
- Production to the Apple iPod/iPod Touch/iPhone format requires Apple QuickTime 7.2 or later
- Dedicated Windows-compatible sound card, microphone and speakers (recommended)
Note: the Camtasia Studio software is NOT provided with the registration fee; however, a trial version of the suite can be downloaded directly from techsmith.com. Because of the large file size, participants must download the trial version at least one day in advance of the workshop.
- Technical Requirements: This program is conducted in the WebEx Training Center. Special software is not required. You only need a standard web browser and telephone or VoIP capability to participate. In addition, it is strongly recommended to use a desktop or laptop computer as using a tablet or mobile device severely limits your ability to fully and actively participate in the program. Active participation is a completion requirement of ATD and includes, but is not limited to, participating in virtual classroom activities, discussions, breakout sessions, and intersession work.
This workshop is designed for participants with little or no knowledge of Camtasia.
After this program, you will be able to:
- Record a screen process (including the use of SmartFocus technology)
- Add Audio and Music
- Add Images
- Add slide transitions
- Add callouts
- Produce the lessons in multiple formats (iPhone/iPod/SWF/MP4/FLV/MOV/AVI).
- Online: 1 sessions, 7 hours total
- On-Site: Flexible dates & duration
Earn .6 Continuing Education Units (CEUs) upon successfully completing this program. This program may be eligible for up to 6 CPLP recertification points. This program may be eligible for up to 4.5 APTD recertification points.
Participation in all online sessions at their currently scheduled day and time is mandatory to receive completion for the program and any applicable credits. Please note that viewing a recording will not fulfill the attendance requirement. Participants who fulfill all program requirements will see their completion status reflected on their transcript in the ATD Learning Portal and will receive an email verifying their completion of the program.
ATD requires active participation throughout the program to receive credit for the class. Active participation includes, but is not limited to, participating in virtual classroom activities, discussions, breakout sessions, and intersession work. Please note that using a tablet or mobile device severely limits your ability to fully and actively participate.
All sessions will be recorded and available in the Learning Portal for participants to review throughout the program for your review.
Have a group to train? Bring this Course On-site!
Give your team the unique team building experience tailored to your organization's needs. Contact us today to learn more.