Essentials of Creating Role-Based Coaching Plans
The Forgetting Curve is real. We spend a lot of money investing in training because it improves performance, but we know only a small percentage sticks after 30 days without deliberate reinforcement. It’s been a challenge for managers and L&D professionals for decades. Experience a simple, practical method for integrating four key components into development plans for your teams and organizations, and you’ll see your employees stay longer and perform better!
As people managers, our core responsibility is to coach and enable individuals on our teams toward their aspirations and potential. In this experiential learning course, you will discover four core questions to ask when coaching your team to develop mastery of high-impact skills and behaviors required for their roles. Based on multiple research studies and validated in practical application, role-based coaching plans include the success factors that will alleviate on-the-job forgetting: targeted learning, deliberate practice, feedback, and developmental recognition. You will apply your own role or a role that you manage to create a role-based development plan through simple inquiry and skill-building exercises. And you will walk away with a clear process and simple blueprint to develop your teams toward skill mastery, ultimately contributing more frequently and more effectively to your business priorities and outcomes.
- Improve knowledge retention and on-the-job application through incremental and practical development plans and practices.
- Apply a four-phase process to create specific development plans for each role on your team.
- Coach your team more effectively using a simple and realistic framework.
- Interactive Format: During this online workshop, you will collaborate in real time with your facilitator and classmates through interactive group discussions, polls, chats, and whiteboards design sessions.
- Supplemental Resources: This workshop includes electronic tools and templates to help you apply what you learned.
- Technical Requirements: This program is conducted in the WebEx Training Center. Special software is not required. You only need a standard web browser and telephone or VoIP capability to participate. In addition, it is strongly recommended to use a desktop or laptop computer as using a tablet or phone severely limits your ability to fully and actively participate in the program. ATD requires active participation in our online program to receive credit for the program. Active participation includes, but is not limited to, participating in virtual classroom activities, discussions, breakout sessions, and intersession work.
This course is for people managers and L&D or sales enablement professionals who are seeking to maximize their learning and development investments with more knowledge application on the job.
ATD Education programs are designed primarily for learning professionals—trainers, instructional designers, and organization development practitioners—but also greatly benefit anyone within an organization who is responsible for developing others, from managers to human resources specialists.
After this program, you will be able to:
- Explain the roles, attributes, and practices of an effective manager as coach.
- Discover high-impact skill gaps in each employee.
- Create a targeted coaching plan for any role.
- Design and implement effective practice drills for high-impact skills and behaviors.
- Demonstrate, develop, and assess practices of effective feedback and coaching with your team.
- Online: 3 sessions, 4.5 hours total
- On-Site: Flexible dates & duration
Earn .45 Continuing Education Units (CEUs) upon successfully completing this program. This program may be eligible for up to 4.5 CPLP recertification points. This program may be eligible for up to 4.5 APTD recertification points.
Participation in all online sessions at their originally scheduled day and time is mandatory to receive completion for the program and .45 CEUs. Participants who fulfill this attendance requirement will see their completion status reflected on their transcript in the ATD Learning Portal and will receive an email verifying their completion of the program.
All sessions will be recorded and available in the Learning Portal for participants to review throughout the program. However, viewing a recording will not count towards your completion.
Have a group to train? Bring this Course On-site!
Give your team the unique team building experience tailored to your organization's needs. Contact us today to learn more.