Essentials of Data-Driven Decision Making
Set yourself apart with your ability to read, interpret, evaluate, and even design your own data. This course shows you that the majority of analytical methods are actually quite simple and well within your grasp. You will learn how to make better decisions with data and how to minimize the cognitive biases that trip us up.
In a world where you are surrounded by more data than you can possibly consume, it is important to know how to process, analyze, and utilize data effectively and efficiently. Don’t let databases and spreadsheets full of numbers scare you away from using them. Find out how simple it can be to find the information and knowledge you need – enabling you to make better decisions.
- Make more good decisions—learn to use and create evidence for more rational decision making.
- Make fewer bad decisions—spot the biases that subconsciously cloud thinking.
- Make decisions easier—use data to streamline your decision-making efforts.
- Explain your good decisions—recognize what counts as good or bad evidence.
- Interactive Format: During this online workshop, you will collaborate in real time with your facilitator and classmates through interactive group discussions, polls, chats, and whiteboards design sessions.
- Supplemental Resources: This workshop includes electronic tools and templates to help you apply what you learned.
- Technical Requirements: This program is conducted in the WebEx Training Center. Special software is not required. You only need a standard web browser and telephone or VoIP capability to participate. In addition, it is strongly recommended to use a desktop or laptop computer as using a tablet or mobile device severely limits your ability to fully and actively participate in the program. Active participation is a completion requirement of ATD and includes, but is not limited to, participating in virtual classroom activities, discussions, breakout sessions, and intersession work.
This course is primarily designed for people who are involved at any strategic level in an organization. If you have a role that includes some aspect of determining direction for a team, a department, or the whole company, the content of this course will improve your ability to do so by incorporating data more robustly.
ATD Education programs are designed primarily for learning professionals – trainers, instructional designers, and organizational development practitioners – but also greatly benefit anyone within an organization who is responsible for developing others, from managers to human resources specialists.
After this program, you will be able to:
- Articulate the basics of using data to make decisions (probabilistic thinking).
- Describe what data and data-analyzing techniques can and can’t tell you.
- Use data to better inform your decision making.
- Recognize the names and basic concepts behind the seven foundational statistical techniques.
- Demonstrate a working vocabulary of statistical concepts.
- Identify best practices for how data should be created.
Online: 3 sessions, 4.5 hours total
On-Site: Flexible dates & duration
Earn .45 Continuing Education Units (CEUs) upon successfully completing this program. This program may be eligible for up to 4.5 CPLP recertification points. This program may be eligible for up to 4.5 APTD recertification points.
Participation in all online sessions at their currently scheduled day and time is mandatory to receive completion for the program and any applicable credits. Please note that viewing a recording will not fulfill the attendance requirement. Participants who fulfill all program requirements will see their completion status reflected on their transcript in the ATD Learning Portal and will receive an email verifying their completion of the program.
ATD requires active participation throughout the program to receive credit for the class. Active participation includes, but is not limited to, participating in virtual classroom activities, discussions, breakout sessions, and intersession work. Please note that using a tablet or mobile device severely limits your ability to fully and actively participate.
All sessions will be recorded and available in the Learning Portal for participants to review throughout the program for your review.
Have a group to train? Bring this Course On-site!
Give your team the unique team building experience tailored to your organization's needs. Contact us today to learn more.