Essentials of Data-Driven Decision Making
Set yourself apart with your ability to read, interpret, evaluate, and even design your own data. This course shows you that the majority of analytical methods are actually quite simple and well within your grasp. You will learn how to make better decisions with data and how to minimize the cognitive biases that trip us up.
In a world where you are surrounded by more data than you can possibly consume, it is important to know how to process, analyze and utilize it effectively and efficiently. Don’t let databases and spreadsheets full numbers scare you away from using them. Find out how simple it can be to find the information and knowledge you need – enabling you to make better decision.
- Make more good decisions—learn to use and create evidence for more rational decision making.
- Make fewer bad decisions—spot the biases that subconsciously cloud thinking.
- Make decisions easier—use data to streamline your decision-making efforts.
- Explain your good decisions—recognize what counts as good or bad evidence.
- Interactive Format: During this online workshop, you will collaborate in real time with your facilitator and classmates through interactive group discussions, polls, chats, and whiteboards design sessions.
- Supplemental Resources: This workshop includes electronic tools and templates to help you apply what you learned.
- Technical Requirements: Each session of the workshop is conducted in the WebEx Training Center platform with a toll-free teleconference or Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) option for the audio component. Special software is not required. You only need a standard web browser and telephone or VoIP capability to participate.
This course is primarily designed for people who are involved at any strategic level in an organization. If you have a role that includes some aspect of determining direction for a team, a department, or the whole company, the content of this course will improve your ability to do so by incorporating data more robustly.
ATD Education programs are designed primarily for learning professionals – trainers, instructional designers, and organizational development practitioners – but also greatly benefit anyone within an organization who is responsible for developing others, from managers to human resources specialists.
After this program, you will be able to:
- Articulate the basics of using data to make decisions (probabilistic thinking).
- Describe what data and data-analyzing techniques can and can’t tell you.
- Use data to better inform your decision making.
- Recognize the names and basic concepts behind the seven foundational statistical techniques.
- Demonstrate a working vocabulary of statistical concepts.
- Identify best practices for how data should be created.
Online: 3 sessions, 4.5 hours total
On-Site: Flexible dates & duration
Earn .45 Continuing Education Units (CEUs) upon successfully completing this program. This program may be eligible for up to 4.5 CPLP recertification points. This program may be eligible for up to 4.5 APTD recertification points.
Participation in all online sessions at their originally scheduled day and time is mandatory to receive completion for the program and .45 CEUs. Participants who fulfill this attendance requirement will see their completion status reflected on their transcript in the ATD Learning Portal and will receive an email verifying their completion of the program. If you must miss a session, all sessions will be recorded and available in the Learning Portal for participants to review throughout the program.