Effectively apply adaptive learning systems in ways that engage students and accurately measure the learning that takes place. Essentials of Designing for Adaptive Learning demystifies the systems used and explains the functions of components in an adaptive learning process. The information provided is critical for choosing adaptive platforms to fit the needs of learners and for building learning paths that facilitate the best that learning technology has to offer. Take learning beyond the everyday and create a learning experience that is unique and extraordinary for each individual.
In this program, with an approach that is agnostic to particular systems or products, you will explore both the conceptual and practical aspects of working elements found in adaptive learning. With this knowledge serving as a foundation, you will then apply effective processes for creating and constructing adaptive learning paths that accurately teach as well as measure skills and competencies directly mapped to learning objectives.
Along the way, you will discover the immense benefits of adaptive learning and how it can be utilized to overcome a number of the challenges facing instruction, content limitations, and true assessment. All of this will be applied with an emphasis on the learner experience. This program is ideal for both professionals beginning to explore the power of Adaptive Learning and for those already working with Adaptive technology that are looking to make their courses more effective.
- Technology agnostic explanation of adaptive learning systems and what the learning professional needs to know.
- Develop effective and engaging learning modules that truly benefit the learner in adaptive systems.
- Make informed decisions about selecting, building, and implementing adaptive systems for your learners.
- Interactive Format: During this online workshop, you will collaborate in real time with your facilitator and classmates through interactive group discussions, polls, chats, and whiteboards design sessions.
- Supplemental Resources: This workshop includes electronic tools and templates to help you apply what you learned.
- Technical Requirements: Each session of the workshop is conducted in the WebEx Training Center platform with a toll-free teleconference or Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) option for the audio component. Special software is not required. You only need a standard web browser and telephone or VoIP capability to participate.
Adaptive learning will soon be everywhere. This program is for learning professionals who are considering the adoption of adaptive learning systems or that will be creating and managing the development of adaptive learning modules. Whether you are new to adaptive learning or a seasoned veteran, if your goal is to provide the best and most effective learning experience using this groundbreaking technology, this program is what you need.
ATD Education programs are designed primarily for learning professionals – trainers, instructional designers, and organizational development practitioners – but also greatly benefit anyone within an organization who is responsible for developing others, from managers to human resources specialists.
After this program, you will be able to:
- Comprehend the functional elements of an adaptive learning system in a way that facilitates the development of an effective learning experience.
- Evaluate adaptive systems and their elements for target audiences and learner experience.
- Construct learning paths that engage and benefit individuals regardless of aptitude or previous knowledge.
- Apply best practices to accurately map instruction and assessment with learning outcomes.
- Examine best practices for an instructor-led, adaptive learning, environment.
- Develop a plan for simple and quick improved iterations when warranted.
- Online: 3 sessions, 4.5 hours total
- On-Site: Flexible dates & duration
Earn .45 Continuing Education Units (CEUs) upon successfully completing this program.
Participation in all online sessions at their originally scheduled day and time is mandatory to receive completion for the program and .45 CEUs. Participants who fulfill this attendance requirement will see their completion status reflected on their transcript in the ATD Learning Portal and will receive an email verifying their completion of the program. If you must miss a session, all sessions will be recorded and available in the Learning Portal for participants to review throughout the program.