Essentials of Designing for WebEx Training Center
Understanding the capabilities of your online learning platform is essential to designing engaging and effective online learning. This hands-on Essentials Series program will help all experience levels utilize various engagement tools, with a focus on instructional design and learning outcomes. More than a tour of the platform, this course will help you determine what content is best delivered online, choose tools based on the outcome(s) you wish to achieve, and define best practices for live, online deliveries for your organization.
This hands-on course comprises three fundamentals for success with online learning. You will be immersed in the capabilities (and tricks of the trade) of the WebEx Training Center while learning virtual instructor-led (vILT) design best practices, WebEx Training Center platform capabilities, and tips for a successful vILT implementation.
In your first session—vILT best practices—you will explore the importance of visuals; the difference between interaction and collaboration and the utility of each; how to redesign typical classroom-based activities to achieve maximum learning from the shorter, online learning period; and ways to ensure that learning has occurred. In the second session—mastering the WebEx Training Center capabilities—you will combine design best practices with tool capabilities and focus on helping the instructional designer choose the right WebEx tool for the outcome intended. The final session will cover all those things you wish you had known to ask so that you can lead your organization to success. Bring your questions and concerns, everything from “What is the best class size and length?” to “Who should be a virtual facilitator?” and “What kind of participant materials are needed?”
- Master WebEx Training Center capabilities and how to use them in a way that ensures learning.
- Recognize what content is suitable for online delivery, and what tools can be used to achieve the same learning outcomes.
- Apply a vILT design process to ensure engagement, collaboration, and learning for the audience.
- Interactive Format: During this online workshop, you will collaborate in real time with your facilitator and classmates through interactive group discussions, polls, chats, and whiteboards design sessions.
- Supplemental Resources: This workshop includes electronic tools and templates to help you apply what you learned.
- Technical Requirements: This program is conducted in the WebEx Training Center. Special software is not required. You only need a standard web browser and telephone or VoIP capability to participate. In addition, it is strongly recommended to use a desktop or laptop computer as using a tablet or mobile device severely limits your ability to fully and actively participate in the program. Active participation is a completion requirement of ATD and includes, but is not limited to, participating in virtual classroom activities, discussions, breakout sessions, and intersession work.
This series is for instructional designers who are tasked with using the WebEx Training Center to design and deliver workplace training programs. It would also be helpful for training managers to understand what can and cannot be accomplished in the virtual delivery environment from an instructional perspective.
ATD Education programs are designed primarily for learning professionals – trainers, instructional designers, and organizational development practitioners – but also greatly benefit anyone within an organization who is responsible for developing others, from managers to human resources specialists.
After this program, you will be able to:
- Describe the major differences between classroom and vILT, including the learning environment, learning activities, and process of achieving learning outcomes.
- Explain the best practices for using the vILT medium.
- Recognize and use the WebEx Training Center classroom configuration and functionality.
- Select the appropriate interactive tool for your chosen learning outcome.
- Guide your organization in choosing the best vILT delivery method and approach when using WebEx.
- Online: 3 sessions, 4.5 hours total
- On-Site: Flexible dates & duration
Earn .45 Continuing Education Units (CEUs) upon successfully completing this program. This program may be eligible for up to 4.5 CPLP recertification points. This program may be eligible for up to 4.5 APTD recertification points.
Participation in all online sessions at their currently scheduled day and time is mandatory to receive completion for the program and any applicable credits. Please note that viewing a recording will not fulfill the attendance requirement. Participants who fulfill all program requirements will see their completion status reflected on their transcript in the ATD Learning Portal and will receive an email verifying their completion of the program.
ATD requires active participation throughout the program to receive credit for the class. Active participation includes, but is not limited to, participating in virtual classroom activities, discussions, breakout sessions, and intersession work. Please note that using a tablet or mobile device severely limits your ability to fully and actively participate.
All sessions will be recorded and available in the Learning Portal for participants to review throughout the program for your review.
Have a group to train? Bring this Course On-site!
Give your team the unique team building experience tailored to your organization's needs. Contact us today to learn more.