Mindfulness is the latest workplace buzzword—but what does it really mean, and why is it relevant to your organization? Experience what mindfulness is, and learn why and how to develop a more mindful workforce from scientific studies, anecdotal evidence, and hands-on exercises. You may think that mindfulness is a nebulous concept, but you will finish this course understanding mindfulness as tangible and practical, with benefits that can be realized right away.
Mindfulness is in the mainstream. Harvard Business Review articles and scientific studies tout the benefits of mindfulness, and large, respected organizations such as Goldman Sachs, Apple, Target, and even the New York Knicks have mindfulness programs. But mindfulness is still frequently misunderstood or seen as something that’s not relevant to a workplace setting. Discover how mindfulness is a powerful skill in addressing workplace effectiveness and employee development, and learn about the growing evidence that offers concrete support for the benefits of mindfulness. Through experiential exercises, applied learning, and facilitated discussions, you will understand what it means to be mindful, the impact of mindfulness, and what mindfulness looks like in the workplace, both in practice and as a development initiative. No previous knowledge of mindfulness is required.
- Understand what it means to be mindful and how mindfulness is relevant to a workplace context.
- Discover why people practice mindfulness and the qualities and benefits that are derived from mindfulness.
- Experience what it means to be mindful through mindfulness exercises, and learn how to increase your ability to be mindful.
- Explore how to implement a mindfulness program at your organization by understanding potential pitfalls and ways mindfulness programs are implemented at other organizations.
- Interactive Format: During this online workshop, you will collaborate in real time with your facilitator and classmates through interactive group discussions, polls, chats, and whiteboards design sessions.
- Supplemental Resources: This workshop includes electronic tools and templates to help you apply what you learned.
- Technical Requirements: Each session of the workshop is conducted in the WebEx Training Center platform with a toll-free teleconference or Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) option for the audio component. Special software is not required. You only need a standard web browser and telephone or VoIP capability to participate.
This course is for training and development professionals who are wondering if their organizations should offer a mindfulness program, or who want to gain support for a mindfulness program. This course speaks to both issues by addressing what mindfulness is, what employees gain from being more mindful, and how to support development of a mindful workforce.
ATD Education programs are designed primarily for learning professionals – trainers, instructional designers, and organizational development practitioners – but also greatly benefit anyone within an organization who is responsible for developing others, from managers to human resources specialists.
After this program, you will be able to:
- Define mindfulness and describe the results and benefits of practicing mindfulness.
- Develop and practice the ability to be mindful through experiential exercises.
- Apply mindfulness to be more effective in a workplace setting using specific techniques and methods.
- Identify challenges to bringing mindfulness to your organization, and explain approaches that can support the success of a mindfulness initiative.
- Improve the quality of your interactions with others, through mindfulness.
- Online: 3 sessions, 4.5 hours total
- On-Site: Flexible dates & duration
Earn .45 Continuing Education Units (CEUs) upon successfully completing this program. This program may be eligible for up to 4.5 CPLP recertification points.
Participation in all online sessions at their originally scheduled day and time is mandatory to receive completion for the program and .45 CEUs. Participants who fulfill this attendance requirement will see their completion status reflected on their transcript in the ATD Learning Portal and will receive an email verifying their completion of the program. If you must miss a session, all sessions will be recorded and available in the Learning Portal for participants to review throughout the program.