Compliance training, in many organizations, is an untapped opportunity. While we typically have no shortage of compliance subjects in our catalogs; the tutorials are often stale, boring, and lacking in relevant content. It’s a problem for our industry, but it doesn’t have to be. With a renewed focus on real learning, compliance e-learning can be transformational. This Essentials program will help you make that shift, with an ADDIE-driven approach that focuses less on “checking the boxes” to cover your legal bases, and more on learners and relevancy. Through techniques and approaches that address every stage of the instructional design and development process, this course will have your learners complying like never before.
Compliance learning has historically suffered from a glut of information-heavy slides and un-actionable knowledge. But it doesn’t have to be this way. If you can commit to affecting real behavior change, you can change everything. Learn to bridge the gap between disseminating information and true learning when crafting e-learning tutorials. Discover how to conduct an analysis of legal requirements and learning needs, and to effectively balance these influences through every stage of your design and development process.
Ask the right questions, embrace the right answers, and master the talking points required to win critical stakeholder buy-in. Explore and develop next-level design techniques—including vignettes, plot-driven design, interactivity, and personalized learning paths—that help even the most jaded learners reap the value of your new approach. Avoid common pitfalls in compliance implementation, including the boring titles and heavy-handed enforcement campaigns that make your learners dread your courses before they even begin. Finally, discover how to easily evaluate the effectiveness of your training using behavior-based rubrics.
- Apply proven steps at every stage of the ADDIE (Analysis, Design, Development, Implementation, and Evaluation) model to ensure that your next compliance tutorial meets your learners’ and organization’s needs.
- Design with a focus on behavior change to maintain your learners’ trust while protecting your organization.
- Become a respected champion in your organization, replacing the old compliance training burden with new compliance learning opportunities.
- Interactive Format: During this online workshop, you will collaborate in real time with your facilitator and classmates through interactive group discussions, polls, chats, and whiteboards design sessions.
- Supplemental Resources: This workshop includes electronic tools and templates to help you apply what you learned.
- Technical Requirements: Each session of the workshop is conducted in the WebEx Training Center platform with a toll-free teleconference or VoIP option for the audio component. Special software is not required. You only need a standard web browser and telephone or VoIP capability to participate. In addition, it is strongly recommended to use a desktop or laptop computer as using a tablet or phone severely limits your ability to fully and actively participate in the program.
This program is for instructional designers, learning managers, and developers who want to create compliance programs that truly make an impact.
ATD Education programs are designed primarily for learning professionals—trainers, instructional designers, and organizational development practitioners—but also greatly benefit anyone within an organization who is responsible for developing others, from managers to human resource specialists.
After this program, you will be able to:
- Persuade leadership and key stakeholders in your organization to change the approach to compliance training.
- Ask analysis questions that isolate core legal requirements while identifying related learning needs.
- Craft compliance learning objectives that focus on meaningful behavior change.
- Leverage creative design practices that meet the letter of the law, without being restricted by it.
- Apply proven principles—including vignettes, plot-driven design, interactivity, and personalized learning paths—to engage your learners and achieve your objectives.
- Win and maintain valuable learner attention with effective implementation strategies.
- Institute objective behavior measurements and strategic learner evaluations to demonstrate the value of your programs.
Online: 3 sessions, 4.5 hours total
On-Site: Flexible dates & duration
Earn .45 Continuing Education Units (CEUs) upon successfully completing this program. This program may be eligible for up to 4.5 CPLP recertification points.
Participation in all online sessions at their originally scheduled day and time is mandatory to receive completion for the program and .45 CEUs. Participants who fulfill this attendance requirement will see their completion status reflected on their transcript in the ATD Learning Portal and will receive an email verifying their completion of the program. If you must miss a session, all sessions will be recorded and available in the Learning Portal for participants to review throughout the program.