Essentials of Interactive E-Books for Mobile Learning
Are you looking for ways to begin leveraging mobile as a learning platform, but aren’t sure you have the programming skills? Could your job aids and manuals use some audio, video, and other media to add value for your learners? Join us for this Essentials series and learn how to build interactive e-books to create user-friendly, measurable performance support and training solutions!
As organizations integrate mobile as a learning platform, many designers and developers face the challenge of making performance support and training solutions available on a variety of devices, with or without a consistent Internet connection. The workforce expects that their mobile experience will be accessible, practical, and immediately applicable.
In this hands-on essentials series, you will be provided with the design and development skills and practice needed to create your own mobile project – an interactive e-book. You will learn how to format content for multiple devices, the types of media that can be included, and various free and paid tools that can be used in the process. From there, you will apply a basic workflow to develop an xAPI-enabled EPUB with a variety of media types, and make that file available to download directly to mobile devices.
- Learn how to develop a native mobile solution with little to no programming experience.
- Create incredible interactive learning solutions that can be used for both training and performance support.
- Support learning in your organization while reducing or eliminating the cost of print materials.
- Learn how to leverage xAPI to measure your e-book interactions.
- Interactive Format: During this online workshop, you will collaborate in real time with your facilitator and classmates through interactive group discussions, polls, chats, and whiteboards design sessions.
- Supplemental Resources: This workshop includes electronic tools and templates to help you apply what you learned.
- Technical Requirements: This program is conducted in the WebEx Training Center. Special software is not required. You need only a standard web browser and telephone or VoIP capability to participate. In addition, it is strongly recommended to use a desktop or laptop computer, as using a tablet or mobile device severely limits your ability to fully and actively participate in the program. Active participation is a completion requirement of ATD and includes, but is not limited to, participating in virtual classroom activities, discussions, breakout sessions, and intersession work.
This program is for novice to advanced learning professionals who want to develop and deliver mobile solutions that can be accessed anywhere, anytime… even in situations of limited or no connectivity. Whether you are a trainer, instructional designer, or organizational development professional, if you are interested in improving your performance support materials or leveraging mobile as a training platform, this program is for you.
ATD Education programs are designed primarily for learning professionals – trainers, instructional designers, and organizational development practitioners – but also greatly benefit anyone within an organization who is responsible for developing others, from managers to human resources specialists.
After this program, you will be able to:
- Create content in an interactive, mobile-friendly format
- Improve the quality of performance support materials by adding appropriate interactive media
- Quickly deploy simple, effective, and measurable multi-screen mobile learning solutions in your organization
- Create native mobile content to support users that may not have consistent access to an internet connection
- Online: 3 sessions, 4.5 hours total
- On-Site: Flexible dates & duration
Earn .45 Continuing Education Units (CEUs) upon successfully completing this program. This program may be eligible for up to 4.5 CPLP recertification points. This program may be eligible for up to 4.5 APTD recertification points.
Participation in all online sessions at their currently scheduled day and time is mandatory to receive completion for the program and any applicable credits. Please note that viewing a recording will not fulfill the attendance requirement. Participants who fulfill all program requirements will see their completion status reflected on their transcript in the ATD Learning Portal and will receive an email verifying their completion of the program.
ATD requires active participation through the program to receive credit for the class. Active participation includes, but is not limited to, participating in virtual classroom activities, discussions, breakout sessions, and intersession work. Please note that using a tablet or mobile device severely limits your ability to fully and actively participate.
All sessions will be recorded and available in the Learning Portal for participants to review throughout the program for your review.
Have a group to train? Bring this Course On-site!
Give your team the unique team building experience tailored to your organization's needs. Contact us today to learn more.