Highly complex learning programs require juggling multiple projects and roles. This leaves little time to learn about new approaches that can actually improve processes. Learn how to apply the best of Agile and ADDIE to improve the speed and quality of your learning and development projects.People who are in Learning and Development (L&D) have little idea of how much work is done to develop effective learning programs. We know it’s much more than PowerPoint slides, webinars, or e-learning platforms. Transfer of learning occurs when a business need is met through an intentionally designed, process-driven learning intervention. L&D focuses on answering this question “what can the learners do after training that they couldn’t do before?”
Regardless of the delivery medium (live, e-learning, or blended), L&D professionals must translate the learning objectives into tasks to accomplish the goals. This includes choosing the best design strategy and influencing the right stakeholders, requiring both a development (methodology) and a project management process. The common methodologies L&D uses are ADDIE, SAM and Agile. Methodologies help you figure out the task details. Project management helps you scehdule the work (tasks) over time.
Making the best choice depends on the specific need, organizational culture, and project constraints. No matter which methodology you choose, it won’t be everything you need. In this program, you’ll learn how to differentiate and combine different methodologies with realistic project management to meet the needs of your learners.
- Interactive Format: During this online workshop, you will collaborate in real time with your facilitator and classmates through interactive group discussions, polls, chats, and whiteboard design sessions.
- Supplemental Resources: This workshop includes electronic tools and templates to help you apply what you learned.
- Technical Requirements: Each session of the workshop is conducted in the WebEx Training Center platform with a toll-free teleconference or Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) option for the audio component. Special software is not required. You only need a standard web browser and telephone or VoIP capability to participate. In addition, it is strongly recommended to use a desktop or laptop computer as using a tablet or phone severely limits your ability to fully and actively participate in the program.
This program is for professionals who have some experience developing courses for live or e-learning delivery. Experience with methodologies is not required as a prerequisite, but prior experience managing L&D projects is useful.
After this program, you will be able to:
- Apply reusable templates for project management and development tasks.
- Create a development strategy leveraging the best of Agile and ADDIE, as well as techniques such as SAM, to meet the behavioral change needs of specific customers.
- Leverage the combined development strategy to more effectively influence key project stakeholders and manage their expectations.
- Challenge and evolve current toolkits for success despite time constraints, inadequate budget, and undefined quality metrics.
- Learn to use project charters and other provided planning documents, tailored by methodology.
- Online: 2 sessions, 4.5 hours total
- On-Site: Flexible dates & duration
Earn .45 Continuing Education Units (CEUs) upon successfully completing this program. This program may be eligible for up to 4.5 CPLP recertification points.
Participation in all online sessions at their originally scheduled day and time is mandatory to receive completion for the program and .45 CEUs. Participants who fulfill this attendance requirement will see their completion status reflected on their transcript in the ATD Learning Portal and will receive an email verifying their completion of the program. If you must miss a session, all sessions will be recorded and available in the Learning Portal for participants to review throughout the program.