Develop the skills needed to create mobile content in Adobe Captivate (version 8 or greater). Learn to use the tools and methods for rapid mobile design, develop a workflow, and gain various publishing options and delivery methods. In our mobile society, it’s increasingly important to support learners who are on-the-go and in the field. Developing your content for mobile devices allows you to reach learners where they are and at their moment of need.
Learning and development practitioners have the opportunity to support learners by making information available right when they need it. We are increasingly seeing the benefits of incorporating mobile as a specific solution to training needs. This program will provide you with the skills needed to use your existing toolset in creating mobile learning solutions. Learn how to use Adobe Captivate to design and develop mobile content. Then, discover how to deploy the solution to multiple devices using various delivery methods. If you design and/or develop training in your organization and want to expand your skills to develop mobile content using Adobe Captivate, this workshop is for you.
If you are interested in a strategic approach to mobile in your organization and an in-depth look at mobile design beyond rapid development tools, consider registering for the Mobile Learning Certificate Program.
- Demonstrate how you can utilize the Adobe Captivate® software to develop mobile programs.
- Learn the advantages and disadvantages of using mobile platforms to deliver training.
- Implement mobile content as an effective training solution
- Interactive Format: During this online workshop, you will collaborate in “real time” with your facilitator and classmates via interactive group discussions, polls, chats, and whiteboards.
- Supplemental Resources: This workshop includes electronic tools and templates to help you apply what you learned.
- Technical Requirements: Each session of the workshop is conducted in the WebEx Training Center platform with a toll-free teleconference or Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) option for the audio component. Special software is not required. You only need a standard web browser and telephone or VoIP capability to participate. In addition, it is strongly recommended to use a desktop or laptop computer as using a tablet or phone severely limits your ability to fully and actively participate in the program.
This workshop is for e-learning professionals with an intermediate to expert level of competency in Adobe Captivate 8 or greater. To successfully participate in this session, attendees should have experience using Captivate, including (but not limited to):
- creating and working with master slides
- adding objects (text boxes, click boxes, smart shapes, etc)
- importing images
- advanced and shared actions
- publish settings.
ATD offers the (CHANGE LINK) Essentials of Adobe Captivate®: An Introduction program for learners who need more knowledge prior to this program.
After this program, you will be able to:
- Apply mobile design concepts to create a working mobile prototype.
- Utilize your existing knowledge of Adobe Captivate to develop mobile content.
- Deploy your mobile solution to multiple devices.
Online: 1 sessions, 7 hours total
On-Site: Flexible dates & duration
Earn .6 Continuing Education Units (CEUs) upon successfully completing this program. This program may be eligible for up to 6 CPLP recertification points.
Participation in all online sessions at their originally scheduled day and time is mandatory to receive completion for the program and .6 CEUs. Participants who fulfill this attendance requirement will see their completion status reflected on their transcript in the ATD Learning Portal and will receive an email verifying their completion of the program. If you must miss a session, all sessions will be recorded and available in the Learning Portal for participants to review throughout the program.