Essentials of New Employee Onboarding
Attracting and retaining talent will be a key challenge in the years ahead. Without thoughtful and carefully planned onboarding processes in place, your organization increases its likelihood of decreased productivity, increased turnover, and lost revenue. Learn proven techniques to engage new employees before and after the first day at work.
In this practical and interactive program you will learn to streamline onboarding and create a powerful and positive impression for new hires. Discover how to tap into existing employees to identify opportunities for improvement, jumpstart your process improvement by gaining stakeholder buy-in, and design processes that engage new hires before they start with your company. In addition, you’ll learn how to retain new hires once they begin working for you.
You will apply techniques to help partners in your organization understand the effect of poor onboarding processes, and build internal support for the process of improvement.
- Apply best practices to identify your current challenges and opportunities.
- Improve existing processes and your organization’s bottom line.
- Build your internal brand by creating a successful onboarding program.
- Interactive Format: During this online workshop, you will collaborate in real time with your facilitator and classmates through interactive group discussions, polls, chats, and whiteboards.
- Supplemental Resources: This workshop includes electronic tools and templates to help you apply what you learned.
- Technical Requirements: This program is conducted in the WebEx Training Center. Special software is not required. You only need a standard web browser and telephone or VoIP capability to participate. In addition, it is strongly recommended to use a desktop or laptop computer as using a tablet or mobile device severely limits your ability to fully and actively participate in the program. Active participation is a completion requirement of ATD and includes, but is not limited to, participating in virtual classroom activities, discussions, breakout sessions, and intersession work.
This program is for talent development professionals who want to improve their existing onboarding processes. Whether you are a trainer, instructional designer, or organizational development professional, if you are interested in making sure you design a new-hire experience that increases engagement and retention, this program is for you.
ATD Education programs are designed primarily for learning professionals – trainers, instructional designers, and organizational development practitioners – but also greatly benefit anyone within an organization who is responsible for developing others, from managers to human resources specialists.
After this program, you will be able to:
- Measure the effectiveness of current processes in quantifiable terms: time to proficiency, retention, and engagement.
- Adapt best practices in onboarding programs to suit your organization.
- Prioritize opportunities for improving your onboarding process and create a plan of action.
- Identify and engage stakeholders that affect your success, and increase the likelihood of their buy-in and support.
- Build a strategic plan fo evaluating new efforts and communicating success to ensure continued support.
- Explain the ROI (return on investment) of new onboarding processes at all levels of the organization.
- Online: 3 sessions, 4.5 hours total
- On-Site: Flexible dates & duration
Earn .45 Continuing Education Units (CEUs) upon successfully completing this program. This program may be eligible for up to 4.5 CPLP recertification points. This program may be eligible for up to 4.5 APTD recertification points.
Participation in all online sessions at their currently scheduled day and time is mandatory to receive completion for the program and any applicable credits. Please note that viewing a recording will not fulfill the attendance requirement. Participants who fulfill all program requirements will see their completion status reflected on their transcript in the ATD Learning Portal and will receive an email verifying their completion of the program.
ATD requires active participation throughout the program to receive credit for the class. Active participation includes, but is not limited to, participating in virtual classroom activities, discussions, breakout sessions, and intersession work. Please note that using a tablet or mobile device severely limits your ability to fully and actively participate.
All sessions will be recorded and available in the Learning Portal for participants to review throughout the program for your review.
Click here to view our cancellation policy.