Essentials of Performance-Based Job Aids
There may never be a better time to take a workshop that easily walks you through the design, development, and testing of performance-based job aids. In today's competitive workplace, employees have more to do and less time to do it in. They need tools like effective jobs aids to help them accomplish tasks faster and smarter. After this workshop, you’ll know how to build the critical job aids that match your employees’ needs.
This program will teach you how to determine if there is a need for learning or knowledge that can be addressed by a job aid (for example, skills development). You will then learn to plan and design a job aid to bridge that skills or knowledge gap. You will measure the overall impact of job aids on achieving organizational goals, test and validate the effectiveness of the job aid, and learn where this knowledge should reside.
- Technical Requirements: This program is conducted in the WebEx Training Center. Special software is not required. You only need a standard web browser and telephone or VoIP capability to participate. In addition, it is strongly recommended to use a desktop or laptop computer as using a tablet or mobile device severely limits your ability to fully and actively participate in the program. Active participation is a completion requirement of ATD and includes, but is not limited to, participating in virtual classroom activities, discussions, breakout sessions, and intersession work.
This workshop is designed for anyone interested in improving job performance, and especially for those involved in creating instructional materials or job aids (such as ISD professionals) that will bridge knowledge or skills gaps in the workplace.
By the end of this program, you will be able to:
- Identify when it is appropriate to design and develop a job aid to improve workplace performance.
- Apply tools and processes from the workshop to create effective, performance-based job aids for real-world situations.
- Test and validate job aids to ensure that they improve workplace performance and align with organizational goals.
- Online: 3 sessions, 4.5 hours total
- On-Site: Flexible dates & duration
Earn .45 Continuing Education Units (CEUs) upon successfully completing this program. This program may be eligible for up to 4.5 CPLP recertification points. This program may be eligible for up to 4.5 APTD recertification points.
Participation in all online sessions at their currently scheduled day and time is mandatory to receive completion for the program and any applicable credits. Please note that viewing a recording will not fulfill the attendance requirement. Participants who fulfill all program requirements will see their completion status reflected on their transcript in the ATD Learning Portal and will receive an email verifying their completion of the program.
ATD requires active participation throughout the program to receive credit for the class. Active participation includes, but is not limited to, participating in virtual classroom activities, discussions, breakout sessions, and intersession work. Please note that using a tablet or mobile device severely limits your ability to fully and actively participate.
All sessions will be recorded and available in the Learning Portal for participants to review throughout the program for your review.
Have a group to train? Bring this Course On-site!
Give your team the unique team building experience tailored to your organization's needs. Contact us today to learn more.