There may never be a better time to take a workshop that easily walks you through the design, development, and testing of performance-based job aids. In today's competitive workplace, employees have more to do and less time to do it in. They need tools like effective jobs aids to help them accomplish tasks faster and smarter. After this workshop, you’ll know how to build the critical job aids that match your employees’ needs.
This program will teach you how to determine if there is a need for learning or knowledge that can be addressed by a job aid (for example, skills development). You will then learn to plan and design a job aid to bridge that skills or knowledge gap. You will measure the overall impact of job aids on achieving organizational goals, test and validate the effectiveness of the job aid, and learn where this knowledge should reside.
- Technical Requirements: Each session of the workshop is conducted in the WebEx Training Center platform with a toll-free teleconference or Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) option for the audio component. Special software is not required. You only need a standard web browser and telephone or VoIP capability to participate. In addition, it is strongly recommended to use a desktop or laptop computer as using a tablet or phone severely limits your ability to fully and actively participate in the program.
This workshop is designed for anyone interested in improving job performance, and especially for those involved in creating instructional materials or job aids (such as ISD professionals) that will bridge knowledge or skills gaps in the workplace.
By the end of this program, you will be able to:
- Identify when it is appropriate to design and develop a job aid to improve workplace performance.
- Apply tools and processes from the workshop to create effective, performance-based job aids for real-world situations.
- Test and validate job aids to ensure that they improve workplace performance and align with organizational goals.
- Online: 3 sessions, 4.5 hours total
- On-Site: Flexible dates & duration
Earn .45 Continuing Education Units (CEUs) upon successfully completing this program. This program may be eligible for up to 4.5 CPLP recertification points.
Participation in all online sessions at their originally scheduled day and time is mandatory to receive completion for the program and .45 CEUs. Participants who fulfill this attendance requirement will see their completion status reflected on their transcript in the ATD Learning Portal and will receive an email verifying their completion of the program. If you must miss a session, all sessions will be recorded and available in the Learning Portal for participants to review throughout the program.