Do you collect information on your learning initiatives, yet struggle with what to do with it? Do you know you need to increase your understanding of statistics, but are not sure where to start? If you answered yes to either of these questions, then this program is for you! Using a variety of examples tied to real-world applications, this program will teach you the fundamentals of statistics and how to use them to analyze data and interpret outcomes.
Organizations look to quantitative information to help influence decisions that drive business success. In talent development functions, the era of measurement, evaluation, and analytics is driving the need to use and interpret data. This movement has made it more critical than ever for learning professionals to have foundational knowledge in data analysis. You need to know what to do with data and how to make sense of the information that data represent.
By participating in this interactive online course , you will be introduced to fundamental statistical concepts and methods. Explore common statistics terminology, learn to analyze data, and discover how to apply appropriate methods to real-world scenarios. Learn best practices through discussions and exercises for interpreting data and reporting the results so that they are meaningful. At the conclusion of the course, you will no longer fear using statistics. Instead, you will be able to help your organization build greater analytical capability.
- Increase your confidence in using statistics in your work.
- Increase your capabilities as a talent development professional to use data to help your organization succeed.
- Gain insights into what to look for when reviewing statistical outputs.
- Interactive Format: During this online workshop, you will collaborate in real time with your facilitator and classmates through interactive group discussions, polls, chats, and whiteboards design sessions.
- Supplemental Resources: This workshop includes electronic tools and templates to help you apply what you learned.
- Technical Requirements: This program is conducted in the WebEx Training Center. Special software is not required. You only need a standard web browser and telephone or VoIP capability to participate. In addition, it is strongly recommended to use a desktop or laptop computer as using a tablet or mobile device severely limits your ability to fully and actively participate in the program. Active participation is a completion requirement of ATD and includes, but is not limited to, participating in virtual classroom activities, discussions, breakout sessions, and intersession work.
The primary audience for this course is learning and talent development professionals who are interested in building their analytics capabilities. This includes those who do not necessarily like working with numbers or have feared learning about statistics.
By the end of this program, you will be able to:
- Recognize the importance and need for the appropriate use of statistics.
- Explain fundamental statistical concepts and methods.
- Identify the four levels of measurement: nominal, ordinal, interval, and ratio.
- Determine the appropriate use of descriptive and inferential statistics.
- Interpret numerical and graphical summaries of statistical outputs.
- Online: 3 sessions, 4.5 hours total
- On-Site: Flexible dates & duration
Earn .45 Continuing Education Units (CEUs) upon successfully completing this program. This program may be eligible for up to 4.5 CPLP recertification points. This program may be eligible for up to 4.5 APTD recertification points.
Participation in all online sessions at their currently scheduled day and time is mandatory to receive completion for the program and any applicable credits. Please note that viewing a recording will not fulfill the attendance requirement. Participants who fulfill all program requirements will see their completion status reflected on their transcript in the ATD Learning Portal and will receive an email verifying their completion of the program.
ATD requires active participation throughout the program to receive credit for the class. Active participation includes, but is not limited to, participating in virtual classroom activities, discussions, breakout sessions, and intersession work. Please note that using a tablet or mobile device severely limits your ability to fully and actively participate.
All sessions will be recorded and available in the Learning Portal for participants to review throughout the program for your review.
Have a group to train? Bring this Course On-site!
Give your team the unique team building experience tailored to your organization's needs. Contact us today to learn more.