Essentials of Using Assessments in Talent Development Initiatives
So many assessments, so many questions, so little time and budget. Have you ever found yourself pondering the questions, “What types of assessments exist? And which ones will get me the results I am seeking?” You are not alone! Get to know the ins and outs of some of the most popular talent development assessments. Don’t spend hours searching the Internet trying to understand what’s available; instead, learn how to compare and contrast these tools, when to use them (and when not to), factors to consider in the purchase process, and strategies for maximizing learning and results through their application.
There are many assessment tools on the market at widely varying price points. Often the first tool you find is the one you like best—but is it the tool that will best serve your talent development initiative’s goals and participants? As a learning professional, your job is to match the solution to the need, on time and within budget. Get the information you need to make informed decisions and choose the right assessments for your talent development needs. Through interactive discussion with peers and the facilitator, you’ll discover the types of assessments used at various stages of the employee life cycle, including selection and hiring, employee development, leadership development, high-potential identification, coaching, teambuilding, culture building, and employee engagement. Explore the criteria for these different applications, along with exploring a variety of assessments available to meet these needs including DISC, Hogan, Integro Leadership Team Alignment Survey, MBTI, Profiles XT, and The Five Behaviors of a Cohesive Team. You will walk away equipped to successfully select and evaluate the assessments you are considering for your talent development initiatives.
- Gain insight to the purposes and applications of individual, team, and organizational assessments.
- Learn a process for selecting the appropriate assessment tools for your initiatives.
- Explore a sampling of commercially available assessments.
- Increase your organization’s return on investment from assessment use.
- Interactive Format: During this online workshop, you will collaborate in real time with your facilitator and classmates through interactive group discussions, polls, chats, and whiteboard design sessions.
- Supplemental Resources: This workshop includes electronic tools and templates to help you apply what you learned.
- Technical Requirements: This program is conducted in the WebEx Training Center. Special software is not required. You only need a standard web browser and telephone or VoIP capability to participate. In addition, it is strongly recommended to use a desktop or laptop computer as using a tablet or phone severely limits your ability to fully and actively participate in the program. ATD requires active participation in our online program to receive credit for the program. Active participation includes, but is not limited to, participating in virtual classroom activities, discussions, breakout sessions, and intersession work.
This program is for talent development professionals who are responsible for recommending, choosing, or requesting assessments to be used as part of their learning and development initiatives. No matter what function you play in talent development (instructional designer, facilitator, coach, talent manager, organization development consultant, or other learning professional), if you would like to better understand the range of options and uses of assessments, learn how to match the assessment to the need, or plan to maximize your return on investment with assessments, then this program is for you.
ATD Education programs are designed primarily for learning professionals—trainers, instructional designers, and organization development practitioners—but also greatly benefit anyone within an organization who is responsible for developing others, from managers to human resources specialists.
After this program, you will be able to:
- Describe what an assessment is and what it is not.
- Differentiate between types of assessments and their intended purposes.
- Identify your goal(s) for using an assessment.
- Compare and contrast popular assessment tools.
- Formulate a strategy for determining which assessment will best meet your talent development needs.
- Apply factors to consider in the purchase process.
- Apply approaches for maximizing learning and results when using assessments.
- Online: 3 sessions, 4.5 hours total
- On-Site: Flexible dates & duration
Earn .45 Continuing Education Units (CEUs) upon successfully completing this program. This program may be eligible for up to 4.5 CPLP recertification points. This program may be eligible for up to 4.5 APTD recertification points.
Participation in all online sessions at their originally scheduled day and time is mandatory to receive completion for the program and .45 CEUs. Participants who fulfill this attendance requirement will see their completion status reflected on their transcript in the ATD Learning Portal and will receive an email verifying their completion of the program.
All sessions will be recorded and available in the Learning Portal for participants to review throughout the program. However, viewing a recording will not count towards your completion.
Have a group to train? Bring this Course On-site!
Give your team the unique team building experience tailored to your organization's needs. Contact us today to learn more.