Essentials of Writing E-Learning Quizzes and Polls
You know that frequent interactivity, including quizzes, is essential to creating effective e-learning. But how do you make sure your quizzes and polls are accessing the key points of learning? And, just as important, how can you use quizzes and other evaluations to actually advance learning goals?
In this live, instructor-led online program you will explore ways to decide what content to quiz on, construct effective quiz questions, and chose whether true/false, multiple choice, or some other method works best for particular examples. You will also examine what makes a good, but fair, distracter.
After distinguishing different types of learning that you may be assessing, participants will practice constructing actual quizzes. You will examine how quizzes can be combined with case studies, labs, and worked examples. Then look at ways to ensure that learners have the opportunity to explore new skills, test their knowledge, increase their confidence, and move your training content into their active knowledge base. You will also look at writing poll questions and pre- and post-class self-assessments.
- Technical Requirements: Each session of the workshop is conducted in the WebEx Training Center platform with a toll-free teleconference or Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) option for the audio component. Special software is not required. You only need a standard web browser and telephone or VoIP capability to participate. In addition, it is strongly recommended to use a desktop or laptop computer as using a tablet or phone severely limits your ability to fully and actively participate in the program.
This program is for e-learning and online training writers and designers who need to create effective quizzes, tests, and/or polls. In addition, anyone who needs to create effective quizzes can benefit from the information and hands-on practice presented during the program.
By the end of this program, you will be able to:
- Write a formal training objective.
- “Retrofit” a training module with clear objectives.
- Identify knowledge versus skills learning.
- Name three different purposes for quizzes.
- Construct effective questions for quizzes, tests, and polls.
- Use a worksheet to organize questions, distracters, hints, and feedback.
- Create varied learning experiences by incorporating the concepts of quizzing into e-learning for hard and soft skills.
- Online: 1 sessions, 6 hours total
- On-Site: Flexible dates & duration
Earn .6 Continuing Education Units (CEUs) upon successfully completing this program. This program may be eligible for up to 6 CPLP recertification points. This program may be eligible for up to 6 APTD recertification points.
Participation in all online sessions at their originally scheduled day and time is mandatory to receive completion for the program and .6 CEUs. Participants who fulfill this attendance requirement will see their completion status reflected on their transcript in the ATD Learning Portal and will receive an email verifying their completion of the program. If you must miss a session, all sessions will be recorded and available in the Learning Portal for participants to review throughout the program.