Your course may take up to 30 minutes to be available in the ATD Learning Portal.
Job analyses can be used for a variety of purposes within the talent development field, including training, employee development, and informing staffing decisions. A job analysis identifies all duties and tasks that make up a single job function or role. Task analysis further breaks these tasks into the actual steps of performance. During these analyses, considering competencies—the behaviors and attitudes of high performers—helps determine keys to success.
Learn the various methods available to perform a job analysis, as well as when each is most appropriate. For some purposes, a job analysis provides all the information needed, but in other cases a task analysis is necessary to learn what an employee does at the most granular level. You will also learn about competencies and how they play an important role in the success of an employee on the job.
- Find out how job and task analyses can benefit your work and the productivity of your organization
- Learn how to conduct a thorough analysis of jobs and tasks
- Hear from expert practitioners about their experiences with job and task analysis
- Flexible Content: Access the content at the time and pace that works best for you. Revisit and review previous content at any time during your access period.
- Supplemental Resources: This workshop includes electronic tools and templates to help you apply what you learn.
Talent development professionals who are interested in learning how to identify the work employees do on the job and what leads to their success.
ATD Education programs are designed primarily for learning professionals—trainers, instructional designers, and organizational development practitioners—but also greatly benefit anyone within an organization who is responsible for developing others, from managers to human resources specialists.
At the end of this program, you will be able to:
- Define job analysis.
- Explain the relationship between job analysis and task analysis.
- Identify purposes for which job analysis can be used.
- Identify job analysis methods that will benefit you and your organization.
- Explain possible criteria for ranking tasks.
- Explain methods for validating job analysis results.
- Identify the relationship between a job analysis and competencies.
Take anytime, anywhere (12 months online access)
Earn .1 Continuing Education Units (CEUs) upon successfully completing this program. This program may be eligible for up to 1 CPLP recertification points. This program may be eligible for up to 1 APTD recertification points.
Full completion of the program within the one-year access period is mandatory in order to receive 0.1 CEUs. Participants who complete all aspects of the program will see their completion status reflected on their transcript in the ATD Learning Portal.