Performance Support Certificate
Organizations today realize that they need to move beyond the 10 percent of learning that we call “formal” and address the entire learning ecosystem. Most agree that learners spend 90 percent of their time learning informally. However, the challenge is that few organizations have clear practices for moving beyond formal learning to create a complete learning and performance solution that delivers measurable business impact. Plan your strategy and develop powerful performance support tools to maximize your learners’ on-the-job results.
Performance support is about providing your learners with the right information and tools at the right time—the moment they are applying their knowledge in the workplace. Whether it’s blending your learning programs to extend beyond the formal classroom; embedding mobile and performance support; or providing coaching, mentoring, and collaborative learning opportunities to maximize knowledge transfer, a variety of options exist to harness the power of informal learning. These approaches do not have to be costly or complicated. Discover how to implement various performance support tools, strategies, and frameworks to support your training and foster greater performer competence.
Developed in collaboration with internationally recognized experts Con Gottfredson and Bob Mosher of Apply Synergies, this blended and project-based program provides the skills needed to develop innovative and comprehensive performance support initiatives, instead of one-off training events. The concepts taught in the program are modeled through a mix of on-demand, in-person, and live online components, plus independent project work that leverages an embedded performance support solution (EPSS). You will also develop a powerful peer network and have access to collaboration resources to strengthen your learning.
Find out why facilitator Bob Mosher values the Performance Support Certificate Program.
- Shift your mindset to focus on the moment learning needs to be applied.
- Discover secrets for optimizing sustainable learning with performance support.
- Update your learning strategy to incorporate informal learning and performance support.
- Maximize your learning resources to promote retention and transfer.
- Schedule: You will complete a self-paced pre-work component online before the course. You will then meet at the two-day, face-to-face program, which runs from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. each day. Finally, you will participate in a three-hour instructor-led live online session approximately three to four weeks later. Participation in all three components is required to receive your certificate.
- Books: Receive a copy of Innovative Performance Support: Strategies and Practices for Learning in the Workflow by Con Gottfredson and Bob Mosher.
- Pre-Work: Complete the self-paced online pre-work component, prepare a project of your own that you’ll work on during the course, and introduce yourself in the online classroom.
- Homework/Intersession Work: Create performance support tools for your project and be prepared to share them during the online follow-up session.
- Technical Requirements: The online version of this program is conducted in the WebEx Training Center. Special software is not required. You only need a standard web browser and telephone or VoIP capability to participate. In addition, it is strongly recommended to use a desktop or laptop computer as using a tablet or phone severely limits your ability to fully and actively participate in the program. Active participation includes, but is not limited to, participating in virtual classroom activities, discussions, breakout sessions, and intersession work.
This program is ideal for professionals who are responsible for the development or management of learning programs that lead to improved performance in their organizations.
ATD education programs are designed primarily for learning professionals—trainers, instructional designers, and organization development practitioners—but also greatly benefit anyone within an organization who is responsible for developing others, from managers to human resources specialists.
After this program, you will be able to:
- Align projects with the best performance and learning solutions.
- Articulate the value proposition and requirements for effective performance and learning solutions to key stakeholders.
- Create a job performance map with key tasks and supporting knowledge for each audience organized by job function and rated for criticality.
- Develop a complete learning experience and performance blueprint that meets all five moments of need.
- Identify the requirements for integrating social media with the performance and learning solution.
- Manage content and learning assets for the performance solution.
- Correlate training and performance support strategies with the workflow.
- Design the EPSS framework and develop a proof of concept.
- Face-to-Face: 2 days plus 1 online session
- Online: 6 sessions, 12 hours total
- On-Site: Flexible dates & duration
Earn 1.6 Continuing Education Units (CEUs) upon successfully completing this program. This program may be eligible for up to 16 CPLP recertification points for the face-to-face version and 12 CPLP recertification points for the online version. This program may be eligible for up to 16 APTD recertification points for the face-to-face version and 12 APTD recertification points for the online version. This program has been pre-approved for 16 (General) recertification credit hours toward PHR, SPHR, and GPHR recertification through the HR Certification Institute. This program is valid for 12 PDCs for the SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP. For more information about certification or recertification, please visit www.shrm.org/certification.
Participation in all originally scheduled days of the program is mandatory in order to receive the certificate of completion and 1.6 CEUs. Participants who miss more than two hours of the entire program will not be eligible to receive the certificate. Participants who fulfill the attendance requirement will receive a certificate at the end of the program.
Participation in all online sessions at their currently scheduled day and time is mandatory to receive a completion certificate and 1.6 CEUs.
ATD requires active participation in our online program to receive credit for the program Active participation includes, but is not limited to, participating in virtual classroom activities, discussions, breakout sessions, and intersession work.
For programs with five or more sessions, one missed live session can be made up by listening to the session recording in full. Participants who miss more than one live session will not be eligible to receive the certificate. For programs with four or fewer sessions, attendance at all live sessions is required to receive a certificate. If you meet the eligibility requirements, a certificate will be issued to you through the ATD Learning Portal at the end of the program. All sessions will be recorded and available for participants to review throughout the program.
Have a group to train? Bring this Course On-site!
Give your team the unique team building experience tailored to your organization's needs. Contact us today to learn more.