Training & Facilitation Certificate
The premier train-the-trainer course.
Gain a complete understanding of the training function, by learning and practicing the skills of an exceptional trainer and facilitator.
This training certificate course covers the entire end-to-end training cycle, including planning and preparing a training event, managing the learning environment and engaging participants in the classroom, and following up post-event to continue to support learning. We'll cover the science behind learning as well--why and how learner needs and preferences, training techniques, classroom environment, and well-structured materials all affect learning outcomes. At the end of the course, you... Read More
This training certificate course covers the entire end-to-end training cycle, including planning and preparing a training event, managing the learning environment and engaging participants in the classroom, and following up post-event to continue to support learning. We'll cover the science behind learning as well--why and how learner needs and preferences, training techniques, classroom environment, and well-structured materials all affect learning outcomes. At the end of the course, you will have the opportunity to demonstrate your techniques in a skills training practice where you will receive feedback and guidance from peers and an ATD expert Facilitator.
ATD's Training Certificate, the best-established train-the-trainer course in the talent development field, is now Training & Facilitation Certificate. Drawing upon ATD's extensive research and experience*, this program will help you become a learner-centric facilitator who recognizes and can apply all of the skills of an effective trainer.
Why You Should Attend:
- Get an overview of all phases of the training cycle from the planning phase through the evaluation phase.
- Leave with the knowledge and skills to become a participant-focused facilitator in any environment, from large scale training events to meetings and presentations.
- Learn from an expert trainer and facilitator, who will demonstrate best practices in the classroom.
- Gain access to ATD-exclusive templates and tools to use in your own practice.
- Demonstrate your new skills and receive personalized, actionable feedback from your ATD expert facilitator.
- Earn an industry-recognized certificate, continuing education credits, and an ATD digital badge to share with your networks.
You Might Also Consider:
If you are focused on training or facilitating in a virtual platform, such as Zoom, Webex, Microsoft Teams, or Adobe Connect, consider Virtual Training Certificate. This online course also covers the training cycle, but specifically addresses options for engaging participants in an online, remote setting.
*This course is based upon the Training Delivery & Facilitation Capability of the Talent Development Capability Model. The concepts covered in the course are reflected in the Talent Development Body of Knowledge (TDBoKTM), the definitive resource for the talent development profession, covering 23 capability areas. Read Less
- Select the appropriate mix of learning modalities to support specific contexts, learners, and learning objectives in both formal and informal learning settings.
- Identify the logistical tasks necessary to create a classroom environment that is conducive to effective face-to-face learning.
- Create facilitation plans that prepare you for a successful learner-centered event.
- Apply brain science to delivery strategies that address various learner preferences and cognitive needs in the learning environment.
- Select learning methods to support a variety of learning preferences to reach the desired learning outcomes.
- Demonstrate adult learning principles and effective facilitation techniques to assess and ensure a safe, comfortable, and supportive learning environment.
- Utilize a variety of facilitation techniques to create a professional and engaging learning experience.
- Use a variety of techniques to engage participants, communicate effectively, and manage group dynamics and behaviors during an event.
- Summarize techniques that can be used to develop and evaluate a variety of course materials designed with the learner and the learning objectives in mind.
- Apply best practices when selecting informal learning networks and tools to meet the needs of an organization.
For more than 20 years, ATD education has been empowering talent development professionals with the knowledge and skills they need to be successful and remain competitive by offering best-in-class...
Training delivery and facilitation is one of the 23 capabilities in the Association for Talent Development’s new Talent Development Capability Model, which encompasses the knowledge and skills TD...
Download the brochure to learn everything you need to know about this course.
- Types of Learning—Learning Frameworks
- Types of Formal Learning
- Helping Learners Make the Most of the Experience
- Managing Logistics for a Smooth Event
- Creating the Ideal Learning Environment
- Understanding the Audience and Their Needs
- Creating a Facilitation Plan
- Prepare to Deliver Your Training
- Basics of Cognitive Science
- Addressing Variations in Learner Preferences and Cognition
- Understanding How Adults Learn
- Selecting Effective Delivery Options
- Delivering to Meet Learner’s Preferences
- Matching Learning Methods to Desired Outcomes
- Selecting Engaging Delivery Methods
- Presenting as a Professional
- Facilitation Roles and Styles
- Facilitation Techniques
- Creating a Positive Learning Environment Through Effective Facilitation
- Engaging Participants
- Engaging Facilitator Communications
- Creating a Safe and Comfortable Learning Environment
- Managing Conflict and Group Dynamics
- Designing Learner Materials With the Learner in Mind
- A Closer Look at Design
- Designing Materials to Assess Learning
- Evaluations: Kirkpatrick’s 4 levels
- Formative vs. Summative Evaluation
- What Is Informal Learning?
- Ways to Curate Informal Learning Content
- Facilitating Learning on the Job Opportunities
- Staying Up-to-Date With Technology and Industry Trends
New and experienced trainers and facilitators from any industry and those who want to gain a comprehensive skill set for facilitating and delivering instructor-led learning events will benefit from this program.
In addition to professional trainers and facilitators, training coordinators, training managers, learning consultants, instructional designers, independent consultants, educators, or professors may benefit if facilitation is part of their job. Professionals with unique domain expertise who have been asked to teach others, customer/technical/software educators, or those who lead others may also find this program to provide valuable grounding in core training and facilitation concepts.
If you are training and facilitating in a virtual platform, such as Webex, Zoom, Adobe Connect, or Microsoft Teams, consider the Virtual Training & Facilitation Certificate.
"ATD has a wealth of resources and its facillitators know how to impact knowledge on participants."
"ATD is a fantastic resource for anyone in this profession!"
"This is the basic framework that anyone in the learning industry should know first hand."
Things to Know
Participation in all originally scheduled days of the program, including both face-to-face and live online formats, and completion of all coursework is mandatory to receive the certificate of completion and continuing education credits.
Participants who miss more than two hours of the entire program will not be eligible to receive the certificate.
Live Online Programs:
ATD requires active participation throughout the program to receive credit. Active participation in live online sessions includes, but is not limited to, participating in virtual classroom activities, discussions, breakout sessions, and intersession work.
Make-up policy: You can miss and make up one session* by listening to a session recording. Instructions for reporting make-up sessions are posted on ATD’s learning platform.
*For full-day sessions, you can only miss up to 3.5 hours and make up the time by listening to the recording.
21.0 learning hours
2.1 CEUs awarded
This program is eligible for 21.0 professional development hours or recertification points from the ATD Certification Institute (ATD CI) for the APTD or CPTD credential.
This program has been approved for 21.0 (General) recertification credit hours toward PHR, SPHR, and GPHR recertification through the HR Certification Institute.
This program is valid for 21.0 PDCs for the SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP. For more information about certification or recertification, please visit shrm.org/certification.
A laptop computer with Wi-Fi capability is required to participate in ATD Master® Programs.
Face-to-Face Program Components (if applicable):
Please do not bring mobile devices (for example, phones or tablets) instead of a laptop. There will be no computers available on-site for participants. Note: You might not have an optimal experience using Internet Explorer or Microsoft Edge to access your courses. Chrome is the recommended browser.
Live Online Program Components (if applicable):
You must log in to the learning platform to access course content and to join all live online sessions. Special software is not required. You only need a standard web browser and Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) capability to participate. Please join your session from a location with a strong internet connection and plan to use VoIP for your audio during the entire session.
ATD LEARNING PLATFORM
Enrolled in a program? To check your course status and enrollment details, launch your course, or download your certificate, go to MyATD.
Click here to review our cancellation policy.
ATD HEALTH & SAFETY POLICY
View our health protocols for in-person courses.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Have additional questions about ATD courses? Visit our FAQs for answers.