LearnNow: Consulting - Taking Your Business to the Next Level
Taking Your Consulting Business to the Next Level
This workshop is designed for independent consultants who have an established practice and are looking to grow or refresh their business. This four-part webinar series will enable you to assess your consulting practice so you can identify areas of growth. In two-hour sessions, you’ll work with proven and practical strategies via tools, models, and methods to increase your influence, effectiveness, and income. Each session includes pre-work and an actionable plan you can implement into your practice.
Revisit Business Basics With an Eye for Growth
- Assess your practice using the Business Boost assessment.
- Identify areas of strength and opportunity using a SWOT analysis.
- Define your ideal client and work mix.
- Create a forward-looking one-page business plan.
Increase Your Revenue Without Increasing Your Work Time
- Identify the various roles consultants play and how income varies among them.
- Define the role and characteristics of a trusted advisor and the advantages of being asked to play this role
- Assess the five primary consulting income streams to find opportunities to generate more.
- Draft a plan to increase your income potential in the next year.
Expand Your Reach: Sharpen Your Message/Leverage Your Network
- Assess your marketing approach and brand.
- Refine your messaging to ensure a client-focused approach.
- Assess your professional network and identify areas to leverage for growth.
- Draft a six-month marketing plan to grow your business.
Plan for Success
- Refine your one-page business plan.
- Create a crisp articulation of your value proposition.
- Create a personal action plan utilizing these concepts to create a platform and increase your ability to pull in clients.
Kris TaylorCEO, Evergreen Leadership
Kris Taylor has been a successful independent consultant for 14 years as founder of Evergreen Leadership. Her firm has partnered with over 50 companies globally and was honored by the Center for Creative Leadership as one of the preeminent leadership development firms.
Katie McNameeElevate Online
Katie McNamee moved directly into consulting after graduating from Purdue University. Within one year of founding Elevate Online Katie has been able to do the work she loves (on-line marketing & graphic design) on her own terms.