Applying Emotional Intelligence for Positive Impact
As one of the foremost evidence-based leadership models, emotional intelligence (EI) is a framework most of us have heard something about in our professional careers. Yet, if you were asked to explain what emotional intelligence is, why it matters, and how to use it, you likely wouldn’t be able to answer.
Whether you are a manager, an HR professional, an organization or leadership development consultant, or someone who would like to learn how to apply EI at work, this ATD LearnNow Workshop will help. It will provide you with a practical, application framework that:
- leverages natural strengths to build emotional intelligence in yourself and others
- closes the knowing-doing gap with off-the-shelf practices, methods, and strategies for developing emotional intelligence
- imparts practical methods for developing self-awareness and its relationship to other key competencies often used to evaluate individual and organizational performance
- explores the brain’s role in self-awareness and emotional intelligence.
In this workshop, we will delve into the following topics experientially:
- the definition of and link between self-awareness and mindfulness
- the link between developing self-awareness and lasting behavioral change
- the role focus plays in developing emotional intelligence
- how to develop self-awareness in yourself and others to achieve positive impact