As an experienced instructional designer, you know it takes a lot of time to teach new material before you can help adult learners put that knowledge into practice. But imagine how much more quickly you’d enhance productivity if you could dive right into the practical application.
Enter the flipped classroom! Still a new concept in talent development and adult learning, this methodology helps maximize face time with learners by integrating the best of classroom learning with self-directed, learner-generated activities.
The ATD LearnNow: Flipped Classroom workshop is taught with a flipped classroom approach so that you can experience it firsthand while learning how to create a more collaborative environment that is truly learner-centric.
The facilitators will focus on the four aspects of the flipped classroom model as modules for the workshop:
- Demonstration and application: focuses on learner-generated personalized projects and presentations
- Meaning making: focuses on learner-generated activities such as blogs, podcasts, videos, social networking, and discussion boards
- Experiential engagement: focuses on hands-on activities including games, simulations, experiments, and use of the arts
- Concept exploration: focuses on video and audio lectures, content-rich websites, and online chats.
Attendees will be asked to bring their own learning programs so they can work with their peers to transform them into flipped classroom models, and take home a blueprint to create and transform other programs.
After attending, you’ll be able to:
- Describe the concept and model of the flipped classroom and how it provides a differentiated learning experience.
- Generate ideas for how to incorporate the flipped classroom model into your organization.
- Practice activities that support a flipped classroom.
- Create an action plan to serve as a road map for how to move forward with implementing flipped classroom environments.
- Get to the critical part of learning faster, and see results sooner. Check out an infographic on the concept for more details.
What do attendees have to say about the conference?
"Provided a great overview of Flipped Classroom and ideas for different content."—Previous Attendee
"Excellent program and the facilitation skills kept all actively engaged."—Previous Attendee
"Both facilitators were awesome—true experts!"—Previous Attendee
"Amazing! This has opened up possibilities for me in expanding beyond time and resource issues to create more dynamic learning!"—Previous Attendee
"Excellent and Inspiring. Thank you."—Previous Attendee