Discover How to Create Learning Games That Work!
Many instructional designers, course developers, and training managers struggle to create engaging learning programs that get results. At the ATD LearnNow: Game Design two-day workshop you’ll learn how to create a learning game prototype that can make any learning program more fun and effective.
Gamification is a hot trend, but why? What makes them work and how in the world do you go about designing one? In this workshop, you’ll work in small groups to develop an actual learning game prototype that will be tested and refined during the event. You’ll leave with a design that you can put into production as soon as you return to the office and the knowledge to develop new, innovative games in the future.
We will explore a variety of different game types and identify what makes them playable. Then, using a step-by-step approach, you will design your own learning game and play it. After attending this workshop you will leave with a coherent road map to help design future games (digital and/or table-top). You will also take away a list of resources to help further your learning and skill-development as a game designer.
This is a design workshop, not a development workshop. We will design a paper prototype, we are not going to develop a game with game development software.
- Participate and learn a six-step process for designing a learning game
- Discover game mechanics that contribute to learning.
- Learn how to incorporate game dynamics and core elements into learning games.
- Explore why games are effective as an instructional approach.
Don’t risk creating boring and ineffective learning experiences. Enhance your instructional design toolbox and wow your learners with game design.
What do attendees have to say?
“I am so glad I attended this course. I learned so much. Both presenters were fabulous!” —Previous attendee
“A wealth of information, especially for someone just starting to incorporate gamification into their learning programs.” —Previous attende
- The Zombies Are Coming—To Help You Learn
- Lessons from the Trenches of Digital Game Design
- 8 Game Elements to Make Learning Fun
- 3 Key Questions to Answer BEFORE Designing a Learning Game
- Three Research-Based Guidelines for Implementing Games Into Instruction
- Getting Started With Gamification
- 10 Best Practices for Implementing Gamification