LearnNow: Leverage Inclusion to Drive Engagement
Become an Employer of Choice Through Inclusive Workplace Culture
Despite significant investments of time and resources, diversity and inclusion (D&I) strategies have simply not moved the needle for many organizations. Yet D&I strategies can strengthen employee engagement by creating an inclusive workplace where all employees contribute fully.
In ATD's LearnNow: Leverage Inclusion to Drive Engagement workshop, you will focus on enhancing employee engagement through sustainable D&I practices. By leveraging organizational design principles and building stakeholder ownership, D&I can be a powerful lever to enable organizations to engage your workforce.
Become an employer of choice through inclusive workplace cultures. Gain a fresh perspective and develop an integrated solution that addresses beliefs, behaviors, and a systems approach to change.
- Review the current state of D&I practices in your organization, and benchmark your organization’s D&I progress against others.
- Understand and communicate a compelling business case for D&I.
- Create a strategic plan for D&I that aligns with your organization’s business imperatives, establishes governance, and builds stakeholder buy-in (internal and external).
- Build and sustain an inclusive culture through self-reflection, learning, application, reinforcement, and principles of change management.
- Create an action plan for developing a practical D&I program that works in your own organization.
Registration and Light Breakfast
Welcome to LearnNow / Review of Learning OutcomesWe’ll kick off the event by discussing some of the objectives and setting expectations for the next day and a half.
Review of Learning Outcomes
Share baseline data about current D&I practices on a maturity model
Participants identify their own organization’s level of D&I maturity
Morning Session: The Big Picture (with breaks)The State of D&I Today: Drivers & Barriers
Making the Business Case for D&I (activities):
- Aligning D&I Initiatives with Organizational Strategy
- Assessing the Ecosystem: Leaders, Employees, Shareholders and Customers
- Connecting the Dots: D&I and Employee Engagement
Obtaining Sponsorship for Key Initiatives
Afternoon Session (with breaks)
- Understanding Our Own Biases (self-assessment and interactive exercises)
- Helping Others Address Unconscious Bias: Shifting Mindset and Behaviors
Wrap-Up : Day 2 ExpectationsEvening Reading Assignment / Personal Reflection
Arrive / Light Breakfast / Review of Day 1 Learning and Expected Takeaways
Morning Session: Making D&I Work in Your Organization (with breaks)Morning Session: Making D&I Work in Your Organization (with breaks)
- Working with HR Business Partners / Other Key Stakeholders
- Creating Organizational Champions
Embedding D&I into Organizational Processes: Where is the Leverage?
- To Be or Not to Be: ERGs and Key Success Factors
- Small Group Consultant Experience: Paired Discussions to “Move the Needle”
- Measuring What Counts: Demonstrating Impact with Metrics
- Consolidate Learnings
Action Planning: Making D&I Successful
Paired Discussion to Refine Action Plans
Next Steps and Day 2 Wrap-UpWalk away with an Action Plan for aligning with organizational priorities, engaging with key stakeholders, addressing barriers to success and a preliminary plan for sustainable action.