A High-Performing Organization Starts With Successful New Employee Onboarding
October 5-6 | Alexandria, VA
Some research says that employees decide to stay with an organization based on their first day to first weeks’ experience. You spend a lot of time and money finding, interviewing, and selecting your next employee. How frustrating is it when they leave 90 days later? Even more challenging is that you may not uncover the reason why.
The organizations with the lower turnover rates have several things in common, one of which is that they focus time and resources on a structured orientation and onboarding program.
You might be thinking, “But I have a day 1 program; wouldn’t that cover it?” or “We have a checklist managers follow to hire new employees; isn’t that enough?” The world of onboarding is vast; it includes topics and tasks starting with your first phone call in the recruiting process, all the way through to your employee’s first anniversary.
Through this LearnNow program, you’ll learn more about the various timelines to onboarding, as well as the different roles and types of programs involved.
- Define a business case for onboarding.
- Connect organization goals with program performance and returns.
- Apply current research to evaluate organizational effectiveness.
- Generate ideas for how to incorporate new approaches into your organization’s onboarding process.
- Differentiate between the unique needs of leadership versus general onboarding.
- Select and validate best practices for HR, employees, and managers.