LearnNow: Developing the High-Performance Manager
Those who oversee frontline managers are challenged more than ever to be growth agents for their organizations. This means actively developing their direct reports to ensure they are promoting learning and growth, modeling and reinforcing effective workplace skills, identifying challenges and opportunities for organizational success, and creating a talent pipeline for the future.
Knowing how to effectively develop the frontline manager can be a challenge for those leading the charge. ATD’s LearnNow: Developing the High-Performance Manager workshop utilizes the ACCEL framework to teach managers the fundamentals of effective leadership, including accountability, communication, collaboration, engagement, and listening and assessing.
After attending this workshop, managers will walk away with a customized plan to effectively develop talent, build future leaders, and ensure a sustainable leadership pipeline.
- Align your frontline managers’ learning needs and organizational strategy to the ACCEL framework and ensure your organizational requirements are met.
- Identify ways to overcome barriers that prevent managers from developing their direct reports.
- Design a customized program using the ACCEL framework to teach your frontline managers how to effectively develop talent.
8 a.m.-12:00 p.m.
Welcome to LearnNow
|12:15-1:15 p.m.||Introduction Activity
- Participant Introductions and Measures of Success
Defining the High-Performance Manager
Reflection and Action Planning in Learning Groups
- Group Activity: Learning Stations and Groupwork to explore ACCEL skills to develop the high-performing manager
|Reflection and Action Planning in Learning Groups|
|8 a.m.-12 p.m.
||Insights from Day One|
|Identifying Ways to Overcome Barriers that Prevent Managers from Developing Their Direct Reports
- Group Activity: Identifying Barriers and Strategies to Overcome Them
- Accountability and Support
|Action Plan Review and Feedback in Learning Groups|
|Reflection and Action Planning|
|Large Group Discussion
- Sharing of ideas and insights from Action Plan Review and Feedback
|Leading Others through Change and Transformation|
|Day 2 Wrap Up
Share lessons learned from workshop and next steps.