The Association for Talent Development (ATD), formerly ASTD, honored 46 organizations from Canada, India, South Africa, Taiwan, Turkey, and the United States as winners in the 2014 BEST Awards. Cognizant Technology Solutions, headquartered in Teaneck, New Jersey, won the first place ranking for the second year in a row. The companies were recognized during a ceremony held at the Mayflower Renaissance Hotel in Washington, D.C.
“These 46 companies excel in creating innovative, vibrant talent development cultures that clearly align with strategic business goals,” says Tony Bingham, ATD President and CEO. “They get it. The leadership of these organizations values the impact learning and talent development achieves, and knows that having a knowledgeable and skilled workforce drives success. ”
The ATD BEST Awards is the talent development industry’s most rigorous and coveted recognition. The program recognizes organizations that demonstrate enterprise-wide success through employee learning and talent development.
The 2014 BEST Award winners shared their best practices at the Learn from the BEST conference preceding the ceremony and are recognized in a special section of the October issue of TD, ATD’s flagship magazine.
ATD received entries from nearly 100 organizations in 14 countries. These organizations submitted quantitative and qualitative information to ATD about their learning and talent development practices and programs. Applications were assessed in a rigorous blind review by members of the BEST Awards advisory committee, a group of experts in the field.
The 2014 BEST Award winners and rankings:
- Cognizant Technology Solutions, Teaneck, New Jersey
- University Health System, San Antonio, Texas
- The Aerospace Corporation, El Segundo, California
- Mindtree Limited, Bangalore, India
- Tech Mahindra, Mumbai, India
- Deloitte LLP, New York, New York
- Verizon, New York, New York
- IBM Corporation, Armonk, New York
- Walgreens, Deerfield, Illinois
- MGM Resorts International, Las Vegas, Nevada
- Quanta Computer, Taoyuan, Taiwan
- FM Global, Johnston, Rhode Island
- Sutherland Global Services, Rochester, New York
- TELUS, British Columbia, Canada
- WNS Global Services (P), Mumbai, India
- WakeMed Health & Hospitals, Raleigh, North Carolina
- Lupin Limited, Mumbai, India
- Kaohsiung City Government, Kaohsiung, Taiwan
- ICICI Lombard General Insurance Company, Mumbai, India
- Valvoline Instant Oil Change, Lexington, Kentucky
- Hilton Worldwide, McLean, Virginia
- Seattle Children’s, Seattle, Washington
- Sprint, Overland Park, Kansas
- Taipei Medical University Hospital, Taipei City, Taiwan
- Gables Residential, Atlanta, Georgia
- G4S Secure Solutions (USA) Inc., Jupiter, Florida
- Ryan LLC, Dallas, Texas
- American Cancer Society, Atlanta, Georgia
- New York Community Bancorp, Westbury, New York
- OptumRx, Irvine, California
- Bridgepoint Education, San Diego, California
- TouchPoint Support Services, Atlanta, Georgia
- Türkiye וֹş Bankası A.Ş., Istanbul, Turkey
- American Infrastructure, Worcester, Pennsylvania
- UPS, Atlanta, Georgia
- Teknosa Ic & Dis Ticaret A.Ş., Istanbul, Turkey
- Coca-Cola Sabco, Port Elizabeth, South Africa
- Navy Federal Credit Union, Vienna, Virginia
- University of Virginia Health System, Charlottesville, Virginia
- BB&T Corporation, Winston-Salem, North Carolina
- Bass & Associates, P.C., Tucson, Arizona
- Signature HealthCARE, Louisville, Kentucky
- Health Care Service Corporation, Chicago, Illinois
- ITU AbsorbTech, New Berlin, Wisconsin
- 45.McAfee. Part of Intel Security., Santa Clara, California
- USAA, San Antonio, Texas
In addition, 13 companies on this list have been BEST Award winners for three years or more. They are: BB&T, Deloitte LLP, Gable Residential, Health Care Service Corporation, IBM Corporation, ICICI Lombard GIC, OptumRx, Ryan, TELUS, University Health System, UPS, Valvoline Instant Oil Change, and WakeMed Health & Hospitals.
More information about the 2014 BEST Award winners may be found in the October 2014 issue of TD magazine. Details about the 2015 program will be available in January 2014.
ATD thanks AchieveGlobal, GP Strategies, Ryan LLC, Skillsoft, and UL, our 2014 Emerald Sponsors.
The Association for Talent Development (ATD), formerly ASTD, is the world’s largest association dedicated to those who develop talent in organizations. These professionals help others achieve their full potential by improving their knowledge, skills, and abilities. ATD’s members come from more than 120 countries and work in public and private organizations in every industry sector. ATD supports the work of professionals locally in more than 125 chapters, international strategic partners, and global member networks.