During its 2017 International Conference & Exposition held in Atlanta, Georgia, the Association for Talent Development recognized organizations and individuals for their excellence and contributions across the talent development field. The event was held on May 22.
Individual honorees included:
• Champion of Talent Development Award: Carol Dweck, Stanford University professor of psychology and author of Mindset: The New Psychology of Success
• Distinguished Contribution to Talent Development Award: Karie Willyerd, global head of customer education and learning, SAP, and author of Stretch: How to Future Proof Yourself for Tomorrow’s Workplace
• ATD Dissertation Award: Dr. Maureen Orey, CPLP
On the organization side, ATD recognized Tata Consultancy Services with the association’s Innovation in Talent Development Award. Al Nahdi Medical Company from Saudi Arabia received the CPLP Employer Award.
ATD also honored the 2016 Excellence in Practice Award winners, recognized for results achieved using practices and solutions from the entire scope of workplace learning and talent development.
Thirty-eight awards and 51 honorable mention citations were presented in 10 categories: career development, coaching and mentoring, diversity and inclusion, facilitating organizational change, integrated talent management, learning technologies, managing the learning function, organizational learning and development, performance improvement, and sales enablement. Awards are presented to organizations with proven practices that have delivered measurable and sustained business results.
The organizations that received Excellence in Practice Awards are:
- Accenture Solutions Private Limited, India
- ADInstruments, United States
- Booz Allen Hamilton, United States
- China Telecom, China
- China Southern Power Grid, China
- Conduent Learning Systems, United States
- Cordis, Hong Kong, Hong Kong
- Emirates Islamic, United Arab Emirates
- Emirates NBD, United Arab Emirates
- Hewlett Packard Enterprise, United States
- IBM, United States
- KPMG LLP, United States
- Manatt, Phelps & Phillips, LLP, United States
- Migros Ticaret A.Ş., Turkey
- National Academy of Civil Service, Taiwan
- PSEG, United States
- SAP, Germany
- Service Express, Inc., United States
- Siam City Cement Public Company Limited, Thailand
- SightLife, United States
- Sonic Automotive, United States
- State Grid Corporation of China, Beijing, China
- Sun Life Financial, Canada
- Ultimate Software, United States
- U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs Office of Information & Technology, United States
A complete list of Excellence in Practice award and citation winners can be found on here.