Whatever the format, satisfaction with a training program depends on how well it was conducted. And to be successful, efficient and effective, organization behind the scenes is critical. Learn how to make a training event run smoothly and identify the knowledge, skills, and tools that organizers need to ensure a successful program.
- Describe the competencies of training program organizers.
- Avoid or diminish the possibility of crises that could derail your training program.
Effective Adult Learning requires provision of a space to try out new skills, where it is acceptable to make mistakes, and where individuals are given support from their mistakes.
Here are some top resources on Planning & Preparation that ATD has developed:
- 3 Dangers of Designing Activities First (Insight) by Diane Valenti.
- Enhancing Visual Aids Tip #1 (Video) by Wendy Corbett
- Creating a Blueprint for Engaging Training Programs (Webcast)
- Creating Training Manuals (TD at Work) by Julie Patrick
Additional Suggested Books:
Training Design And Delivery, 3rd Edition