The Association for Talent Development’s Virtual Conference is designed to meet the needs of talent development professionals at all career stages. Professionals age 35 or younger and those who have five years or fewer experience in the field often share similar needs and interests. Accordingly, in addition to taking part in learning sessions and networking opportunities, those in the early stages of their careers will greatly benefit from myriad conference components that focus on foundational principles and career growth.
Sponsor demonstrations. Leading solution providers are sponsoring the Virtual Conference and will be offering demonstrations to familiarize participants with some of the latest products and solutions in the market. This presents a great opportunity to interact with company representatives and get answers to questions about learning technologies. Not only will you become more knowledgeable about the learning products and their possibilities, you’ll be better prepared to make recommendations at your organization when the time comes.
Career Resources booth. Young and new professionals alike are encouraged to visit the Career Resources booth. This is a great place to find resources that can assist with your personal career development. In this online treasure trove of information, designed especially for talent development practitioners, you’ll find everything from tips on how to polish your resume, advice for acing the next interview, and best practices for managing your professional social media presence.
Learning sessions. Although not exclusively for new professionals, the following sessions have high potential benefits for L&D practitioners in the early stages of their careers.
- 7 Deadly Sins of Video Creation
- An Essential Training Evaluation Question That Changes Everything
- Crash Course in Visual Design
- Digital You: Real Personal Branding in the Digital Age
- High-Impact Facilitation Skills: Seven Ways to Increase the Results of Your Training Delivery
- Making Bite-Sized Work: 5 Tips for Creating Effective Microlearning
- Powerful Presentations: 11 Steps to Impressive Speaking
- Secrets of Master Virtual Trainers: 5 Keys to Online Classroom Success
- The Science of Attention and Engagement
- Why E-Learning Fails: Critical Pathways to Measurable Success
Additional resources. Participating in learning experiences, like the Virtual Conference, is a smart step for new and younger L&D professionals. Taking advantage of all the resources available can help position you for future success. Beyond the Virtual Conference, ATD offers numerous resources that promote professional learning and growth. Buckle up new professionals, with ATD, the learning never stops.
Share your ATD Virtual Conference experience on social media. #ATDVirtualConference