ATD developed the Talent Development Framework and the TD Puzzle to help practitioners understand the different components of talent development, and how organizations can build their own frameworks to address their unique needs. This blog series explores each component of the talent development framework, why it’s important to the field, and what resources ATD offers to practitioners who want to learn more.
Applies a systematic process of discovering and analyzing human performance gaps; plans for future improvements on human performance gaps; partners with the customer when identifying the opportunity and the solution; implements the solution; monitors the change; evaluates the results.
The training and development industry delivers excellent programs and solutions, but it doesn’t always create the permanent and sustained performance behavior changes necessary to drive higher productivity and greater bottom line results
- Sustainable organization development and financial health
- Effective operational performance
- A top-performing and engaged workforce
- Ability to attract and retain top talent
Research tells us that more than 80% of the time, performance gaps are not caused by a lack of skill or knowledge within the performer. It’s important to identify the critical performance gaps, and helps avoid spending time on performance gaps that don’t matter much in an organization.
We’ve assembled some additional resources to explore:
- Models for Human Performance Improvement
- Making the Financial Case for Performance Improvement
- Human Performance is Business Focused
- Human Performance Certification
- Performance Improvement Solution Certification
For more information on training delivery and other major components of talent development, check out the ASTD Handbook, 2nd Edition.