Workforce Development is focused on how to help managers—not just trainers and HR professionals—develop their employees and create more productive workforces. This means not only offering content, how-to information, and other resources focused on managers, but also working with trainers and HR staff to help improve the collaboration with managers, so the organization gets the most out of its training investment.
How do we do this? We offer content and how-to advice from industry leaders through dozens of monthly webcasts and blog posts. We provide you with exclusive tools and resources like online 360 degree assessment tests, 75+ how-to videos, project management tools, new manager resource libraries, the Workforce Development community library, and more.
Visit our page today to see all of the offerings the community provides, and sign up for our free e-newsletter to get the latest information on new blog posts, webcast offerings, and more.
We also have a session track this year at ASTD 2014. Workforce Development sessions include:
Sunday, May 4
- Creating Greater Organizational Productivity: Helping Everyone Get More Done
- How Exceptional Managers Use Psychology to Develop Their People
Monday, May 5
Tuesday, May 6
- Great Workplaces: How to Push Past Challenges, Real and Imagined
- Bring Your Strategy to Life: Innovations in Employee Engagement
Wednesday, May 7
- The Nuts and Bolts of Virtual Supervision
- A Team of Leaders: Empowering Members to Take Ownership, Demonstrate Initiative, and Deliver Results
For more information on the Workforce Development community, email me at Rlippock@Astd.org. Also let me know if you have any ideas you would like to contribute to our blog, or ways you think would help us serve you better.
Workforce Development Community of Practice
At the ASTD 2014 International Conference & EXPO join more than 9,000 of your learning colleagues from around the globe in Washington, D.C., May 4-7, 2014, to share best practices and insights.